By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Wii Screens) Impressive!

Just so everyone knows, the wii version is a greatly upgraded version of the port of the *base* ps2 version.. they've tweaked the engine and textures, and added extra content (and obviously motion controls).. so while it is ported from the ps2 version, its had a fair few enhancements during its porting

EDIT: just had a closer look at the screenshots above (the first pic in the post with four pictures) .. is that stormtrooper reacting to the force with the euphoria engine there? if so, then these are from ps360.. its hard to tell from a still shot, but it looks like it

EDIT2: had a look at all the pics at ign, and have concluded in my mind that they are just enlarged wii screens, they look too jaggy to be the original size.. i think it was a blunder by ign somehow

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

Do you mean the underwater screenshots wasnt in the 360/ps3 version?

Nope, they haven't added screens for them. I don't think it's hd, because the ps360 screens are only 720p, and the wii ones are over. Thank god it isn't. I don't want the game running at 30fps. 

A game can be in 720p and run at 60 frames per second.  *cough*Madden, Call of Duty 4*cough*

So why do you keep on saying that?

And the two pictures you just posted are both from the PS3 version of the game, when you click on the link, it goes to the PS3 screenshots section.

DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

Nope, they haven't added screens for them. I don't think it's hd, because the ps360 screens are only 720p, and the wii ones are over. Thank god it isn't. I don't want the game running at 30fps. 

A game can be in 720p and run at 60 frames per second.  *cough*Madden, Call of Duty 4*cough*

And the two pictures you just posted are both from the PS3 version of the game, when you click on the link, it goes to the PS3 screenshots section.

um.. he said that the wii pictures in this thread aren't as good as those two ps3 screens, which gives him a sense of certainty that these other screens are indeed from the wii version of the game

tabsina said:
DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

um.. he said that the wii pictures in this thread aren't as good as those two ps3 screens, which gives him a sense of certainty that these other screens are indeed from the wii version of the game

Erm... I know that.

I was saying that you can have a good looking game, and it can still be smooth.  I was dealing with the frames per second comment he keeps on making.

DMeisterJ said:
tabsina said:
DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

Erm... I know that.

I was saying that you can have a good looking game, and it can still be smooth.  I was dealing with the frames per second comment he keeps on making.

yeh, i agree with you on that point, but the bolded part of your post seemed to be another point entirely, which i was explaining.. but seems to have been a misunderstanding of some sort somehow.. so no worries

Around the Network

Looks good i cant wait to see it on the h consels

Proud Owner of  a Wii and Xbox 360 and a PS3(When I get the money)

This is the 1st multi platform wii game that actually looks interesting. Ghostbusters and alone in the dark failed to impress me, but i might end up gettig this game.

DMeisterJ said:
sc94597 said:
yushire said:
^^^

COD4 runs at 600p (with only 2XAA I might add), and there is almost nothing going on in Madden so it damn well better bet at 60FPS.  Consoles can't handle above 30FPS in HD in a game with any major amount of stuff going on.  Maybe in a racing game. Consoles are pretty weak people... I guess it's going to take a while for some gamers to come to terms with this.

OT: Great looking screens.  I may actually buy the Wii version over the PS3 version.

Not bad for screens especially. Can't wait to see it in motion.

wow looks really nice

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"