By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The wife said I can have a PS3 - need advice

kitler53 said:
your wife said you could? *whipping sounds*

Well isn't it normal that you discuss with your wife what you buy especially if it are expensive things like this ^^''?

Ugh my gf only let me buy a PS3 if she could shop also with that amount of money ^^'';

Around the Network

Whoopa!

DMeisterJ said:
Whoopa!

thats never a Friends reference is it (for the record I had to look that up never seeing friends in my life)

Me said:
DMeisterJ said:
Whoopa!

thats never a Friends reference is it (for the record I had to look that up never seeing friends in my life)

Someone on here watches Friends!!!!

Yay!

WHAT! Your wife said you could!? My advice: Put your foot down and tell her who runs...............

*looks around at empty wife free house*

On second thought, keep doing what you're doing. Enjoy your PS3!

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:
Me said:
DMeisterJ said:
Whoopa!

Someone on here watches Friends!!!!

Yay!

Probably, but it isn't me... or Me

Me said:

When or if the UK 40gb gets ps2 compatibility it'll be through a firmware update wont it? Meaning could I but a 40GB now and still get this functionality down the line.

Don't count on it.  It's a rumor and one highly suspect IMO at that.  Considering that the 80Gb which still has the GS chip has trouble with many games, I wouldn't count on the 40Gb without the EE and GS chips to have BC (or at least good BC).

Me said:

Does the 40Gb on sale now have memory card slots etc

The 40Gb has 2 fewer USB ports (2 instead of 4) and doesn't have a flash card reader.  It also doesn't play Super Audio CDs but really... who cares?  The rest is good though.

Me said:

I live in the UK but really want a 60GB or 80GB model - ideally would love 80GB MGS4 bundle pack, looked on Amazon.com but they wont deliver to UK.  I know there's ebay but other than that anyway you can get a US import 60gb or 80gb model ps3 in the UK?

Just to confirm if I were to go down this route they're region free arent they?  if I do have to purchase a UK model, anyone know any decent offers?

hi Me.

i would just get a 40 gig it will do fine, if you do want a bigger hd space its as easy as lego, the instructions how to replace are in the ps3 manual.

i have a 40 gig, and someone was selling a new sealed 60gig sata laptop ps3 drive for £20 + £3 postage, so i would advise to get a 40 gig.

ps. IF YOU BUY ONE AND I HOPE YOU DO, DEFFO BUY IT FROM ASDA OR TESCO, AS THIER RETURNS/REFUND POLICY IS 100% NO QUIBBLE.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

thanks for all of your advice - found a decent offer on Amazon, get the PS3 for £289.99 then you can get DMC4 and HDMI cable for £15.00. Thats £305.00 for the lot.

Was wanting DMC4 anyway since playing the demo on 360.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B000WNDP5M?ie=UTF8&tag=perfectsysem-21&linkCode=as2&camp=1634&creative=6738&creativeASIN=B000WNDP5M

rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:
your wife said you could? *whipping sounds

I have to consult with my wife if I'm going to spend that much money and anyone who is married should do the same, otherwise they won't be married long.

*whipping sounds* only apply to "my girlfriend said I could..." statements.

Keep your finances seperate and determine who will pay each bill. Have a set amount each much save for emergencies.

Use your spending money on whatever you want. I'd say unless she is giving you the funds you shouldn't have to ask.