By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - The wife said I can have a PS3 - need advice

west-phoenix-az said:
rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:
your wife said you could? *whipping sounds

I have to consult with my wife if I'm going to spend that much money and anyone who is married should do the same, otherwise they won't be married long.

*whipping sounds* only apply to "my girlfriend said I could..." statements.

Keep your finances seperate and determine who will pay each bill. Have a set amount each much save for emergencies.

Use your spending money on whatever you want. I'd say unless she is giving you the funds you shouldn't have to ask.

Yes, the guy with the handgun avatar and and the assult riffle sig has reasonable advice on relationships. ;)

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
west-phoenix-az said:
rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:

I have to consult with my wife if I'm going to spend that much money and anyone who is married should do the same, otherwise they won't be married long.

Keep your finances seperate and determine who will pay each bill. Have a set amount each much save for emergencies.

Use your spending money on whatever you want. I'd say unless she is giving you the funds you shouldn't have to ask.

Yes, the guy with the handgun avatar and and the assult riffle sig has reasonable advice on relationships. ;)

EXACTLY what I was thinking...

Me said:
Hmm so I guess it's a UK model.

When or if the UK 40gb gets ps2 compatibility it'll be through a firmware update wont it? Meaning could I but a 40GB now and still get this functionality down the line.

Does the 40Gb on sale now have memory card slots etc

If... being the big question.

IMO it's more likely they'll have to make games compatable by hand... much how the 360 handles Xbox compatability... with a focus being on games they want to resell.

As i recall no PS3 has memory card slots and you need to run an adaptor through the USB for them all.

DMeisterJ said:
Whoopa!

(continuing the friends reference)

Awwwww man you cant do anything right!!!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Kasz216 said:
Me said:

When or if the UK 40gb gets ps2 compatibility it'll be through a firmware update wont it? Meaning could I but a 40GB now and still get this functionality down the line.

IMO it's more likely they'll have to make games compatable by hand... much how the 360 handles Xbox compatability... with a focus being on games they want to resell.

As i recall no PS3 has memory card slots and you need to run an adaptor through the USB for them all.

True, but you use virtual "internal memory cards" to save games day to day. The adapter is only of transfer save games to and from a PS2 memory card.

His game collection does not have any PS2 games, so he would be starting them fresh and would therefore need nothing other than to create internal memory cards.

Around the Network
Dogs Rule said:
Kasz216 said:
Me said:

True, but you use virtual "internal memory cards" to save games day to day. The adapter is only of transfer save games to and from a PS2 memory card.

His game collection does not have any PS2 games, so he would be starting them fresh and would therefore need nothing other than to create internal memory cards.

Good to know.  Can you move save data from the PS3 off to the PS2 memory card though?  I've got a few games that have a nasty habit of deleting game data if something happens during gameplay and often keep multiple backups of said game data.

Fire Pro Wrestling beign one, which is so finnicky it doesn't even let you use third party memory cards... and when i've spent the time to make 200+ wrestlers who wrestle a lot like their true life counterparts... I want lots of insurance of memory wipe. 

L.C.E.C. said:
Dogs Rule said:
west-phoenix-az said:
rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:

I actually agree with him if I'm in a "modern two job" relatiosnhip.  Even if it is a one job family it's often better to have "allowances" that can be spent or saved ahead of time rather then a "consult on the big things" approach.  Better for relationship dynamic, and most cases better for the wallet as well... so long as you don't deviate from your retirement and investment plans.

OMG! Chandler Bing!!! :P doh!!! anyways go with the 40 gig. They'll update the ps2 side one day:D Plus you won;t really play the ps2 games anyway :P too many good ps3 games :D

I consult the Wife all the time. But now that I have implemented pocket money, I get whatever I wish and life is easier.

Remember guys. The MAN always gets the last word :D "Yes Dear" :P

Unleash The Beast!  

End of 2011 Sales: Wii = 90mil, 360 = 61mil, PS3= 60mil

Kasz216 said:
L.C.E.C. said:
Dogs Rule said:
west-phoenix-az said:
rasone77 said:
kitler53 said:

I actually agree with him if I'm in a "modern two job" relatiosnhip.  Even if it is a one job family it's often better to have "allowances" that can be spent or saved ahead of time rather then a "consult on the big things" approach.  Better for relationship dynamic, and most cases better for the wallet as well... so long as you don't deviate from your retirement and investment plans.

Oh I agree with him too. I just liked the idea of a guy with so my gun oriented pictures' response was so reasonable when you might expect him to write "Just bust a cap in her a**!" ;) No offense to West-Pheonix was intended.

To answer your other question: When it was first released, the adapter only allowed taking saves from a PS2 card to put it on a PS3, but since a FW upfade last year, it now goes both ways. So you can use it as a back-up device.

"wife said I can.."

Stopped reading right there.