By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Best Looking Wii game Maybe even better than okami.

I can't believe I never knew about this game until a few minutes ago. It's from the makers of odin sphere so It should be good. I hope it's released in the U.S. If not I'm modding my wii and importanting this game. 

Around the Network

Yeah man, this game has been announced for a LONG time. I'm pretty sure Famitsu said they were having development trouble, but this will almost certainly hit the US if it is ever finished.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Not a technical marvel, but very pretty to look at. Good art design goes a long way, with me!

This IS Odin's Sphere. Should be an easy multiplatform title. Jump&Run don't profit from motion controls and the graphics can possibly be emulated and would look just as competititve on PS360.

That looks amazing.  I am very excited for this game.

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

It's not Odin Sphere, it's Princess Crown.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Oddly, this reminds me of Strider. The platforming part.

@ClaudeLv250 -  Let us just hope it gets here this time.

I know it was released on the PSP years ago, but it never made it here.

Odin's Sphere is like a spiritual sequel to this game.

On second thought I don't think this is Princess Crown at all. If so the least they would do is show the main character Gradriel. I don't know this character at all.

Unless it is completely remade from scratch (which I doubt) because it shouldn't look this good. It was originally on the Saturn.

I think this might be something new. Hopefully I am right.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

From Wikipedia, this is Oboro Muramasa Yōtōden, and I'm guessing the name will be changed if this is localized (Odin Sphere is apparently called Ōdin Sufia in Japan).

Also from ol' Wiki:

The game is said to have two different methods of control, one for casual players that will presumably involve the Wii Remote, and another for hardcore players who'd prefer a more precise method. Graphically the game is similar to Odin Sphere (another Vanillaware game), retaining the same 2D art style, though inspiration will this time be drawn from Japanese culture rather than Norse mythology.[1]

So far two playable characters have been specified: Momohime (百姫?), a young girl who wears a kimono and wields a katana, and Kisuke (鬼助?), an amnesiac ninja boy. Not much more has been announced about the game, though due to the obvious similarities to Odin Sphere it is presumed to be a spiritual successor.

Just think of the two control scemes as easy and hard mode. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Okami wasn't that great looking on the Wii. Why would you compare this game to Okami of all games?

Prepare for termination! It is the only logical thing to do, for I am only loyal to Megatron.