By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom responds to Raide(ubisoft forum manager).

Yea this is getting confusing

@ItsaMii

If your talking to me about categorizing 'Nintendo's Sword' as an article over a post, I'm almost sure Malstrom referred to it as an article in posts prior to 'Nintendo's Sword', the context of that post dealt with what articles he was working on.

@Killergran

It's in this thread on page 1, enjoy the read: Also I was responding to Raide at certain points and his bullets at others, I probably should have been clear about that.

In past posts he was placing words into the mouths of Nintendo's announcements.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
Yea this is getting confusing

@ItsaMii

If your talking to me about categorizing 'Nintendo's Sword' as an article over a post, I'm almost sure Malstrom referred to it as an article in posts prior to 'Nintendo's Sword', the context of that post dealt with what articles he was working on.

@Killergran

It's in this thread on page 1, enjoy the read: Also I was responding to Raide at certain points and his bullets at others, I probably should have been clear about that.

In past posts he was placing words into the mouths of Nintendo's announcements.

No, that is not aimed at you. The problem is that some users are saying his articles suck based on that news post alone. You can`t truly get everything he means if you never read his articles.

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

When somebody hates somebody else, is because they see their flaws on them.

and I am not taking this from malstrom, my grandma used to said that. Damn she was right.

The only people that hates malstrom and criticizes stupid things like grammar or who is refering to, are: HARRRRRRRRRDcore gamers that blame the wii because for this generations being screwed and can't deal with the fact that GTA4 didn't saved their HD consoles. And either MGS4 nor FF13 will.

Either that or they are just jerks.

So go ahead, hate the guy. That won't change the fact HE'S RIGHT.

New response from Ubisoft!
It's from Ubi.Vigil, UK Community Manager

"I don't think I can say this enough - we do not use "viral marketeers", and we are currently trying to determine who the accused person on VG Chartz is - if he or she is an Ubisoft employee they have been posting without permission and will be told to cease immediately.

No Ubisoft employee is allowed to post to external forums for the purpouses of forum infiltration, guerilla marketing, viral marketing or whatever else you wish to call it. As I have said before, we made a very clear decision years ago to ban any such activity as it is dishonest and wrong.

As for locking the other thread because it was not constructive, this thread is headed in exactly the same direction. Posting pictures of a dog urinating on the Wii or "Nintendo Fans don't let friends buy Ubicrap" is far from constructive.

If there are specific things you don't like about an Ubisoft Wii game you bought, post it in the appropriate game forum so we can pass that feedback on. If you take issue with the type of games that are being released for Wii by Ubisoft, we're also open to feedback along those lines in a similarly constructive manner. At the same time, bear in mind that as with all the other platforms we develop for, we make Wii games for a broad variety of gamer ages and types. Driver Parallel Lines and Dogz are certainly not meant for the same kind of gamer."

They even named VGchartz!

Link

camaleonloco said:

Ubisoft

Wii:

Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (core/bad game, cheap watered down port)
Cosmic Family (casual/bad cheap game)
Cranium Kabookii (casual/bad cheap game)
CSI: Hard Evidence (casual/bad cheap game)
Driver: Parallel Lines (core/terrible game, cheap port)
Emergency Heroes (casual, bad cheap game)
Far Cry Vengeance (core/TERRIBLE worst game on the wii, ugly cheap port)
GT Pro Series (core/ terrible game, cheap port)
Monster 4x4: World Circuit (casual/terrible game, cheap port)
My Word Coach (casual, decent cheap non-game)
Nitro Bike (casual, terrible cheap game)
Open Season (casual, bad cheap game)
Petz Catz 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Petz Dogz 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Petz Horsez 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (core, decent cheap port)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (casual, good game)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (casual, mediocre cheap game)
Red Steel (core, mdiocre high budget game)
Surf's Up (casual, mediocre cheap game)
Telly Addicts (casual, terrible cheap game)
TMNT (casual, terrible cheap game)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (core, second worst game on the wii, disgusting bad port, really cheap buggy)
Top Trumps Adventures (casual, bad cheap game)
Totally Spies! Totally Party(casual, terrible cheap game)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (casual, abysmal cheap game)
The Dog Island (casual,mediocre really cheap game)
No More Heroes (core, excellent game, sadly not developed by Ubisoft)
Protöthea( core, bad cheap port) 

Wow, is this true? So many games for the Wii from just one publisher!

That's a big huge list of shovelware.

No wonder Far Cry 2 looks so fantastic.

Around the Network

@slimebeast: Yes, its all shovelware mostly :S

Gorgory said:

New response from Ubisoft!
It's from Ubi.Vigil, UK Community Manager

"I don't think I can say this enough - we do not use "viral marketeers", and we are currently trying to determine who the accused person on VG Chartz is - if he or she is an Ubisoft employee they have been posting without permission and will be told to cease immediately.

Who is the rat?

@slimebeast merkh66, haha I laughed when they caught him

VG chartz? the guy that made that post in ubi.com is from here?

I am confused o_O

Ok, so what we have here.

First, i'd like to note, that, as TalonMan pointed out the obvious, as far as i know, Ubisoft haven't corrected the statement and if you are going public with your un-official statements, you're supposed to put your words in somewhat neutral way, or prepare yourself to get thrown with heavy load of shit on you. This is again Harrison saying everyone sucks, but Nintendo.

Second, what's the point in trying to attack Malstrom? It's just an attempt to distract the subject. Since no-one knows who he is, the only thing you can do, is attack the subject. Calling Malstrom a fanboy, doesn't lead anywhere, since he apparently knows the subject what he's writing about and gives rational basis, which really makes fanboyism a non-factor.
Anyway, Malstrom puts things in financial context, even in his blog posts in news section, so when he puts words in someones mouth, he's just rationalizing peoples words to financial context. After all, in the end only the profits matter.

Third, the thing Ubisoft gets critisized about, is their bad games. You usually see people talking about the lack of talent, but considering how big Ubisoft is, there must be a lot of talent around, just that it's the financial decisions, that leads to the bad games.

How does Nintendos strategy differ from Ubisofts?
Ubisoft makes, for example, RRR that has audience of one million and Assassins Creed, with anothe million audience, which leads Ubi to sell two million games.
Nintendo relases Mario Kart, which has one million audience and F-Zero, that has another million audience. Now that Mario Kart was used to upstream the audience, F-Zero gets the Mario Kart audience too, which means that Nintendo sells three million games, instead of two, as Ubisoft did.
So, what Ubisoft does by segmenting its products is, that it sells games for the same audience, without selling considerably more games, that the first ones, while Nintendo sell additional games for the different audiences (as i pointed in my example).

And sorry if my post looks dated in some parts, i wrote it yesterday before the Ubisoft response was posted, but somehow couldn't get it posted and i don't feel like editing it.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.