By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom responds to Raide(ubisoft forum manager).

Two thoughts.

1. Was there a coup d'etat in leadership at Ubisoft.

2. I have seveal PS1 children's games for my son published by ... Ubisoft. (Like Rayman and Pooh are hardcore characters).

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

Why do you hail this guy as some kind of genius when he can barely write properly?

@mike: Rayman in fact is absolutely hardcore.

Pooh - havent played it.

Any message from Faxanadu is written in good faith but shall neither be binding nor construed as constituting a commitment by Faxanadu except where provided for in a written agreement signed by an authorized representative of Faxanadu. This message is intended for the use of the forum members only.

The views expressed here may be personal and/or offensive and are not necessarily the views of Faxanadu.

TalonMan said:
Shameless said:
Why do you hail this guy as some kind of genius when he can barely write properly?

a) You haven't really read any of the articles.

b) The content is a bit over your head.

Either one of these answers ought to address your post. ;)

I've just read his article and his grammar/choice of words are awful.

Shameless said:

I don't care for his articles either but an ad hominem attack on his more than competent writing skills is not the way to begin that discussion.

Around the Network
Words Of Wisdom said:
Shameless said:

I don't care for his articles either but an ad hominem attack on his more than competent writing skills is not the way to begin that discussion.

" I go on fun weekend trip to come back to see a hundred new emails(!)"

" I think I got so many emails because two places (could be more) linked over here."

More than competent? I don't think so, these are pre-teen mistakes. Note that those two examples occur in the first two (short) paragraphs.

TalonMan said:
Shameless said:

I've just read his article and his grammar/choice of words are awful.

Which article - the one at the top of this thread? That's not really an article - that's one of his blog/news entries... ...something ALOT more casual than a full-blown article would be.

I don't care how casual they may be, if the writer can't be bothered to attempt to write in anything resembling an intelligent manner I won't take him seriously.

Can the Wii ever ditch this stigma?

We had two bags of grass, seventy-five pellets of mescaline, five sheets of high-powered blotter acid, a salt shaker half full of cocaine, a whole galaxy of multi-colored uppers, downers, screamers, laughers…Also a quart of tequila, a quart of rum, a case of beer, a pint of raw ether and two dozen amyls.  The only thing that really worried me was the ether.  There is nothing in the world more helpless and irresponsible and depraved than a man in the depths of an ether binge. –Raoul Duke

It is hard to shed anything but crocodile tears over White House speechwriter Patrick Buchanan's tragic analysis of the Nixon debacle. "It's like Sisyphus," he said. "We rolled the rock all the way up the mountain...and it rolled right back down on us...."  Neither Sisyphus nor the commander of the Light Brigade nor Pat Buchanan had the time or any real inclination to question what they were doing...a martyr, to the bitter end, to a "flawed" cause and a narrow, atavistic concept of conservative politics that has done more damage to itself and the country in less than six years than its liberal enemies could have done in two or three decades. -Hunter S. Thompson

TalonMan said:
Shameless said:

I don't care how casual they may be, if the writer can't be bothered to attempt to write in anything resembling an intelligent manner I won't take him seriously.

Dare I go through your posting history and condemn every grammar/spelling mistake you've made? After which, slam you as not having written anything intelligent???

There is a HUGE difference between jotting random thoughts down (like we do here in this forum and as he does on that blog page) and setting about to write a full-fledged article. I'm surprised that somebody with your vast knowledge of what's intelligent and what isn't, wouldn't know the difference...

I'd understand if the mistakes weren't as glaringly obvious as using 'I got' or 'I go'. These are not easy mistakes to make for anyone professing themselves as intelligent, which is why I refuse to read his 20,000 word page.

Where can I start off?
It seems this gen, the good western support is heading to the HD consoles while the good Japanese support will head to the Wii.
Whats wrong with the Wii's 3rd party support?
I'm not asking for more mature games on the wii, because I didnt buy one for it. I expected games to have good quality.
Ubisoft
Wii:
Blazing Angels: Squadrons of WWII (core/bad game, cheap watered down port)
Cosmic Family (casual/bad cheap game)
Cranium Kabookii (casual/bad cheap game)
CSI: Hard Evidence (casual/bad cheap game)
Driver: Parallel Lines (core/terrible game, cheap port)
Emergency Heroes (casual, bad cheap game)
Far Cry Vengeance (core/TERRIBLE worst game on the wii, ugly cheap port)
GT Pro Series (core/ terrible game, cheap port)
Monster 4x4: World Circuit (casual/terrible game, cheap port)
My Word Coach (casual, decent cheap non-game)
Nitro Bike (casual, terrible cheap game)
Open Season (casual, bad cheap game)
Petz Catz 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Petz Dogz 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Petz Horsez 2 (casual, terrible cheap game)
Prince of Persia: Rival Swords (core, decent cheap port)
Rayman Raving Rabbids (casual, good game)
Rayman Raving Rabbids 2 (casual, mediocre cheap game)
Red Steel (core, mdiocre high budget game)
Surf's Up (casual, mediocre cheap game)
Telly Addicts (casual, terrible cheap game)
TMNT (casual, terrible cheap game)
Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell: Double Agent (core, second worst game on the wii, disgusting bad port, really cheap buggy)
Top Trumps Adventures (casual, bad cheap game)
Totally Spies! Totally Party(casual, terrible cheap game)
Who Wants to be a Millionaire? (casual, abysmal cheap game)
The Dog Island (casual,mediocre really cheap game)
No More Heroes (core, excellent game, sadly not developed by Ubisoft)
Protöthea( core, bad cheap port)
Upcoming Wii:

Brothers in Arms: Double Time (core, looks like its going to be lower quality than farcry vengeance)
Dogz Wii (casual, terrible bad cheap game)
Imagine: Party Babyz (casual, terrible cheap game)
Raving Rabbids TV Party(casual, series went downhill since 2nd, best it could turn out mediocre, and cheap)
Shaun White Snowboarding (casual, terrible cheap game)
HD consoles:
Upcoming HD: 
Now compare that to what the HD consoles have to offer from Ubisoft.
One HD console game such as assassins creed, would cost more than 2 times all of the above games combined.
Good Ubisoft, caring about their customers, right?