By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Malstrom responds to Raide(ubisoft forum manager).

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
This guy = Yawn.

Malestrom: Wii :: SDF: PS3

For those who don't get that.

Malestrom is the Wii's version of SDF.

There, I said it.

He completely ignores all other arguments, and has to focus on "Wii has the most sales" argument, which would be fine, if you didn't look at the games that are selling really well, and being million (and multi million) sellers, and they be Casual games.

Someone with a posting history like yours shouldn't use this sort of sarcasm.

Who said that I was being sarcastic?

It's got to be sarcasm, otherwise you could just have sent a PM to a mod of your choice asking to get banned for a few days.

Whoa, chill out! I couldn't find anywhere in the rules that someone can be banned for criticizing Malstrom!  

Edit: oh, sorry, I didn't get your sarcasm all the times you want people to get banned, then the scene with the crowd stoning to death whoever mentions Jehovah in "Life of Brian" came back to my mind.   

Stwike him, Centuwion. Stwike him vewy wuffly! (Pontius Pilate, "Life of Brian")
A fart without stink is like a sky without stars.
TGS, Third Grade Shooter: brand new genre invented by Kevin Butler exclusively for Natal WiiToo Kinect. PEW! PEW-PEW-PEW! 

Around the Network
dib8rman said:
@rocketpig,

He did address his standing toward that company after the scrutinizing.

If I remember correctly it was something like: 'If this is how this company thinks then, they have some problems coming up...' He went on to explain why and referenced himself referencing outside sources.

I believe he did a good job as for the quality of that article.

He should have just gone after the company. I don't see the point in breaking down the statement itself. It looks petty and childish and that sort of blogging leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Picko said:
Well that was pathetic, both from Ubisoft and the thread starter.

(Wonders how long it'll be before someone realises that it was Nintendo who both encouraged and actively pursued the "casual" markets that encouraged developers to "dumb" down their games?)

Once again, Nintendo never, ever said "target casuals and dumb down your games."  Nor did they ever say that "the casual market is the way to go."  You're just as bad as Ubisoft.  You don't understand anything about what Nintendo is trying to do.

They're trying to make gaming less complicated for people.  They're offering a learning curve--something you don't get with PC, Xbox, or Sony gaming.  A learning curve so that video games are no longer intimidating.  So that average people can adapt to gaming more easily.  Wii Sports and Wii Play were only intended to be cheap, though effective, tech demos for consumers and 3rd party devs and publishers.  They were never intended to be a blue-print for all Wii games.  If they were, Nintendo wouldn't have bothered making hardcore-inclined games like Super Mario Galaxy, Metroid Prime 3, Super Smash Bros Brawl, Fire Emblem, and Batallion Wars 2. 

The Wii is meant to offer a learning curve for former and non-gamers, as well as it is supposed to offer a new way to look at gaming for the hardcore crowd.  The reinvented wheel was designed to benefit the non-gamer crowd and the hardcore gamer crowd.  Three years into the life of the DS, devs are still finding creative new ways to play games on the system as Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword shows.  The Wii has far more options with it than the DS which is relegated to "play a different way with a touch-screen."  The depths of creativity have yet to be plundered on the Wii.  That failure is not Nintendo's--it's the fault of the foolhardy who just don't get it.

dib8rman said:
TalonMan said:
dib8rman said:

I'm sorry you lost me:

So exactly what do gamers look like?

(If you post that same old pick of the guy with that huge gut in a couch with glasses and a potato chip on his bare skin belly as it peaks from underneath his grey wife beater with the 360 controller in his hand I will lawl.

'Real' gamer (note the emotionless and glazed over stare):

Notice that he isn't playing on a High End television, where's the surround sound system and the stack of video games just hanging around.

I think that guys just a poor gamer, most 'real gamers' have two lcd monitors running in the back ground, one has VGC on the screen, the other WoW, and his LCD tv is playing CoD4... or is that just me? 

Ok. I'm going to close my mouth now. Can't have it hanging open like this any longer or some bird's going to start nesting in it...

I SERIOUSLY hope that that was sarcasm (If it was, I apoligize, but I'm notoriously bad at spotting it).

Anyone implying that you have to be rich to be a 'real gamer' is seriously warped, and I hope I do not need to expand my argument.

This is invisible text!

I like Malstrom. He actually makes sense most of the time, he's writing with zeal and he's funny.
Jumping on Raide was a bit cheap though. Leave the poor guy alone. He's been attacked by plenty of people already, especially on the forums.

This is invisible text!

Around the Network

Hmm, I already took apart the parts of his argument and pointed out that he was putting words into Nintendo's (reps) mouths, there was no hidden meaning, what they said is what they said.

Nintendo doesn't make retard games, unless your saying everyone who likes Wii sports is retarded, in which case your calling a lot of people's mom's(tennis/golf), dads(boxing/baseball/bowling), sisters (tennis/baseball) and brothers (boxing/baseball) retarded.

FTR: What is in the parenthesis is subject to express an anecdote.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

@Dib8rman

Uhm... noone actually said retarded, and I do not belive that malstrom ever said that Nintendo said anything like it. If you read that, you're obviously not getting the entire picture.

I think you're looking at Raide's statment, no? That was a Ubisoft Forum Moderator, or something. Not in any way connected to Nintendo. What Malstrom means is that most of the gaming companys treat the 'casual' audience badly (because they think they are stupid and have no taste), and that 'casual' therefore is a degratory word, that could just as well be substituted with 'retard'.

This is invisible text!

@Killergran

Strike 2

#1: Yes I was joking around, but yes that is actually my room, minus the extra computer, that's my PS3 as I use it to browse the web.

#2: I've read all of that persons articles (Sean Malstrom) minus the 'Nintendo's Sword' and I keep up to date on his news section; rest assured my stand is indicitive to his stance. I also believe you need to read Raide's post again, the one with the bullets.

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

1) Some people do not know the difference between article and news post.
2) Just like Malstrom said, no one tries to debunk his ideas it is all about him being a bitter fanboy.

"The other place that linked over is another GAF thread. Naturally, the discussion is aimed almost about Malstrom himself, who is he, is he a creepy Nintendo fanatic, is he a former poster, how dare he make such an article, and does he live in his mother's basement (yes, I got that, hah!)? Only later on does the conversation become more sane.

It fascinates me how people are so curious about the motivations of the author instead of the content itself. Whether the content could be delivered more effectively is debatable but isn't the issue; is disruption occurring via the Wii"?

Satan said:

"You are for ever angry, all you care about is intelligence, but I repeat again that I would give away all this superstellar life, all the ranks and honours, simply to be transformed into the soul of a merchant's wife weighing eighteen stone and set candles at God's shrine."

Ok, now I'm thourougly confused.
Please, help me out, dib8rman.

To whom was that post aimed (with putting words into nintendo's mouth)?
Where is Raide's post (with bullets?)?
What am I talking about?

... and thank god you were joking around. :D

This is invisible text!