By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 recieves PERFECT 40/40 from Famitsu.

The Legend of Zelda: ocarina of Time
Soul Calibur
Vagrant Story
The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker
Nintendogs
Final Fantasy XII
Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
twesterm said:
DTG said:
shio said:
It's Famitsu, who cares...

Famitsu is only the most influential gaming publication in japan and one of the most respected in the world. Think before you speak.

No, shio is quite right. Famitsu is beyond worthless in their review catagory.

http://kotaku.com/gaming/famitsu/famitsu-for-beginners-222494.php

They give out reviews based on what fans want. As I told everyone with their Haze review, even if they do happen to give MGS4 the score it deserves it doesn't matter. They still freely admit to giving out reviews based on what fans want.

Are you saying Famitsu gave Haze 34/40 because they wanted to please "fans"?
Do you honestly think Haze is popular in Japan?

BTW, I often feel Kotaku is trying to spread false informations about
Japanese society.

Fuck , this MGS4 hate is imense , I never saw people questioning the reviewers that gave Halo 3 10/10's.

@Imperial: were you by chance blind then? I wouldn't want to go back to the day that EDGE gave Halo 3 a 10/10 and Metroid Prime 3 a 7/10 in the same issue... Man, the fanboy wars were going crazy!
Outside of that, I think Halo 3 effectively killed a great deal of videogame journalism, the game finally pushed the industry's press over the edge(haha), turning into a market which hands out buckets of point to games with huge campaign budgets, and making it so that every game under the 9/10 isn't considered AAA anymore, making it a bad game.
Hell, nowadays the most hyped games can't even get away with a 9/10, it HAS to be a 9,5/10 at the very least!

The industry's reviewing system will soon die, I think a day will soon comen that Gamespot or somebody gives out a 11/10 to a game, so the people will finally realise that something's wrong...

Imperial said:
Fuck , this MGS4 hate is imense , I never saw people questioning the reviewers that gave Halo 3 10/10's.

huh, so that's why when a game that sony fans like scores less than 10/10 they always say "but that mag gave Halo 3 a 10/10, they must be paid by Microsoft" 

Around the Network

Oh look, another independant reviewer gives MGS4 a great score, and immediately all the anti-sony group come rushing to degrade Famitsu....its getting a bit silly now.

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Oh my eyes hurt.. I'm not very fond of reading japanese but if someone where to read out so I can here it, I think I get a better understanding.

OT: I can't wait to see IGN N.A's review.

I guess this is great for Japanese sales ... tough I have to say , Famitsu had fallen a lot lately on my trust meter :P Still above GS tough :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

famitsu is notorious for giving good scores to games just because they are hyped. The reviews can often be just random, and I have no trust in them at all.

currently playing: Skyward Sword, Mario Sunshine, Xenoblade Chronicles X

colonelstubbs said:
Oh look, another independant reviewer gives MGS4 a great score, and immediately all the anti-sony group come rushing to degrade Famitsu....its getting a bit silly now.

If youbother taking off your fanboy blinders I actually use actual sources and even said the same thing when they gave SSBB a perfect score.

I'm not saying they can't be right, just they can't be trusted.