By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 recieves PERFECT 40/40 from Famitsu.

DTG said:
Torillian said:
They may be respected in the world in general, but not here DTG. Not from what I've seen, so expect more comments like Shio's.

What do people here have against Famitsu?

not is against Famitsu, is against their reviews, they review Nintendogs 40/40.

Around the Network
DTG said:
shio said:
It's Famitsu, who cares...

Famitsu is only the most influential gaming publication in japan and one of the most respected in the world. Think before you speak.

but they have really been off on reviews somtimes,they have rated weak games very high

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

MANUELF said:
DTG said:
Torillian said:
They may be respected in the world in general, but not here DTG. Not from what I've seen, so expect more comments like Shio's.

And how would you have made Nintendogs better?

It's not something I would buy, but if it does what it's supposed to perfectly, why not give it a high score?

MANUELF said:
DTG said:
Torillian said:

True, but that is a single game. All their other perfect 40 scoerers were exceptional games (even if undeserving of perfection). I mean they're still better than most western magazines or websites that hand out half a dozen or so perfect 10's each year. 

DTG said:
shio said:

Famitsu is only the most influential gaming publication in japan and one of the most respected in the world. Think before you speak.

You think before you speak. Famitsu is known for rating their games due to advertisement/sponsoring, hype and fan service.

You should never use Famitsu reviews as reputable sources. 

Around the Network
shio said:
DTG said:
shio said:

You think before you speak. Famitsu is known for rating their games due to advertisement/sponsoring, hype and fan service.

Which is why Famitsu has only 7 (SEVEN) perfect scoring games in their entire history.

They did give Lair a 33 with two of the editors giving it a 9. Yea, I think I'll lump Famitsu with the rest of the publications that I think are overrating games.

I give this thread a 9.2.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Profcrab said:
They did give Lair a 33 with two of the editors giving it a 9. Yea, I think I'll lump Famitsu with the rest of the publications that I think are overrating games.

I give this thread a 9.2.

You must have a long list.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

DTG said:
shio said:
DTG said:
shio said:

Which is why Famitsu has only 7 (SEVEN) perfect scoring games in their entire history.

ok maybe they havent given that many perfect scores,but they do giva alot of bad games high scores

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

brute said:
DTG said:
shio said:
DTG said:
shio said:

ok maybe they havent given that many perfect scores,but they do giva alot of bad games high scores

Well they are Japanese. What they find entertaining is not always what western players like.

I think they do as good a job as anyone else (although that's not saying much)