By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Can MGS4 reach 7-10 mln. by the end of 2008 thnx to BUNDLE?

zkuq I dont think it can become the best selling metal gear, since the other ones sold to a much bigger userbase...

Around the Network
d21lewis said:
That bundle ain't cheap. Motorstorm was free. So was Marvel Ultimate Alliance. That MGS4 bundle is going to sell to people who want MGS4, anyway. Otherwise, they'd just but the cheaper 40 or 80 gig packages. If it makes you feel better, I'm buying the 80 gig bundle (if I can find it on day one! My girlfriend gets 10% off at Wal-Mart. Woo Hoo!)

There is no other 80gb bundle apart from the MGS4 bundle

Hi, i'm solojohlo and i'm pretty fucking awesome

GTA on the PS2 sold 3x Metal Gear Solid.  You're trying to claim it will even be close?

MGS 4 will *not* have 3 million sold by the end of June.  Nope, never, not close. 

TheBigFatJ said:

GTA on the PS2 sold 3x Metal Gear Solid.  You're trying to claim it will even be close?

MGS 4 will *not* have 3 million sold by the end of June.  Nope, never, not close. 

its pretty front loaded so it has a chance

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Short answer: No!

Long answer:
The bundle is not designed to sell MSG4, the bundle is designed to sell PS3's to fan's of MGS that have not bought a PS3 yet. In this way the bundles will not help increase the number of MSG4's sold. It will help increase the number of PS3's sold. That is why they call the game a system seller and not vice versa. On the amount of MSG4's sold, I put the number between 6-7 million LTD. It may make 4-5 million by the end of 2008.

Around the Network

^but some new owners will see the bundle and will say hey i wanted to get a game anyway,why not just get this

If it does reach 7m, it will be thanks to the bundle.

I say it's possible, but not likely.

Well, unless E3 comes and nothing new is coming out for the wii this year than what has already been announced, then it might.

7-10 million in 2008? Bwahahahaha

famousringo said:
It's like some kind of insanity test.

lol. Comment of the day.

^well it could if the bundle sells alot