By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do people keep claiming MGS4 is PS3's saviour?

@zucas

I think most of us know the Ps3 is 2nd now....nothing can change that..

The wii has hit public perception & has gained their mindshare

PS3 will become a very successful (THE most successful) 2nd place console though...no doubts

but wii will become the victor....some PS3 owners feel sales will suddenly stop for the wii and end at 70 million.....but that makes no sense at all as wii is not a fad...thats proven now.

The "wii series" is too wii like "Pokemon" was to Gameboy

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network
superchunk said:
konnichiwa said:
konnichiwa said:
superchunk said:
Furthermore, the point of the thread was not to single out people, but to single out the ridicules idea that MGS4 will make a drastic, permanent change in PS3 sales.

Euhm okay :). But the sales of the PS3 has already changed the last year dramatically. Search how much the PS3 sold like a year ago and how much it sells now;.

I searched it for you.

One year ago the PS3 sold weekly around 60K.

Now we see weekly sales of 150k...

I believe in my original post I said it had large change from last year. I also said that was not do to a single game, but that it was due to a combination of many things.

I also said it will not see anywhere near that same change next year as it is not having the same combination of changes in 2008 as it did in 2007 and MGS4 will not drive those up like some people claim.

yet again, I must ask... what did "some people claim" and who are those people

Most importantly, what are their actual wording.

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

The only people I will remember saying it will be ps3 savior are trolls. Ps3 doesn't need a savior. Most people have only said it will increase sales.
I'll keep my opinions about this thread to myself as it's disrespectful.

kingofwale said:
superchunk said:
konnichiwa said:
konnichiwa said:
superchunk said:
Furthermore, the point of the thread was not to single out people, but to single out the ridicules idea that MGS4 will make a drastic, permanent change in PS3 sales.

Euhm okay :). But the sales of the PS3 has already changed the last year dramatically. Search how much the PS3 sold like a year ago and how much it sells now;.

I searched it for you.

One year ago the PS3 sold weekly around 60K.

Now we see weekly sales of 150k...

I believe in my original post I said it had large change from last year. I also said that was not do to a single game, but that it was due to a combination of many things.

I also said it will not see anywhere near that same change next year as it is not having the same combination of changes in 2008 as it did in 2007 and MGS4 will not drive those up like some people claim.

yet again, I must ask... what did "some people claim" and who are those people

Most importantly, where are their actual wording.

Exactly.  A Sony fanboy (like Leo-J, RO2008, hus, or Crazzy) says some ridiculous claim, and then about ten times as many Wii fanboys try to find a way to say that the PS3 is doomed.  It's crazy around here. 

"Naturally the common people don't want war: Neither in Russia, nor in England, nor for that matter in Germany. That is understood. But, after all, IT IS THE LEADERS of the country who determine the policy and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along, whether it is a democracy, or a fascist dictatorship, or a parliament, or a communist dictatorship. Voice or no voice, the people can always be brought to the bidding of the leaders. That is easy. All you have to do is TELL THEM THEY ARE BEING ATTACKED, and denounce the peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger. IT WORKS THE SAME IN ANY COUNTRY."  --Hermann Goering, leading Nazi party member, at the Nuremberg War Crime Trials 

Conservatives:  Pushing for a small enough government to be a guest in your living room, or even better - your uterus.

@kingofwale

LOL....half an hour later he is just twisting your words in a way were he ignores his topics title

YOu'd be a great PR rep Superchunk

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@zucas

I think most of us know the Ps3 is 2nd now....nothing can change that..

The wii has hit public perception & has gained their mindshare

PS3 will become a very successful (THE most successful) 2nd place console though...no doubts

but wii will become the victor....some PS3 owners feel sales will suddenly stop for the wii and end at 70 million.....but that makes no sense at all as wii is not a fad...thats proven now.

The "wii series" is too wii like "Pokemon" was to Gameboy

INteresting.  Well I've not ruled out a PS3 1st place chance.  Although many people like to classify me as a Nintendo fanboy, I'm hardly it.  I'm just very real with people which sometimes can be harsh.

But anyways there is a possibility of PS3 getting first.  Yet it would be a very close first place.  First, 360 needs to stop selling, almost immediately.  Fall off in America, like it has been, and start falling again in Europe/Other.  This is the only way that PS3 could have enough userbase to get close to where Wii might end up at.  Secondly Wii needs to start slowing down.  Not now but somewhere in 2009.  Needs a shift in public perception.  (Hell if hardcore gaming sites continue to post bullshit about Wii being a shitty console with no good games whatsoever that could do it).  Thus this fall off would slowly start to take the Wii down and have it's ending sales end up somewhere about 70-80 million.  Yes I believe that is probably the minimum Wii will sell this generation.  Last piece of the puzzle is PS3 needs to be the one taking over those sales.  Take over the popular brand and come back in the American and E/O markets(Japan market is over, Wii has got that one in the bag).  Then PS3 over a long period of time(8 yrs), will probably end up on top, but barely.  This is the only scenario I see.  Probability... not too high but it is possible.  

But yea I more see the first idea where Wii goes to about 100 million, PS3 about 50-60 million, and 360 more around 35-45 million.  This seems the most likely given the industry right now and how it's acted in the past.  Sorry to go off topic haha. 

You guys said that Haze would also save the Ps3, so whats next after MGS4 is gone?

LBP???hahahaha make me laugh

ChuckG16 said:
You guys said that Haze would also save the Ps3, so whats next after MGS4 is gone?

who here said Haze would save PS3???

I'm going to quote Barry Bonds and say "NAME NAME NAME NAME" 

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)

@Zucas

your scenario is definetely possible but the 360 falling of in America (it has been) but it just seems very unlikely..

I think Japan is what Ps3 needs to stand a chance for 1st place....if Wii60 stop selling in 3 year or 2 years n then Japan moves over to PS3 and the 10 year plan continues Ps3 may be 1st....merely due to more time compared to the others

but Wii is stills sold out..will it stop selling in 3 years....NO. will 360 ---- Maybe

________

@Chuck

names....proof?

If you want to be a successful fanboy you must twist half truths & make rumors seem true and use devices such as that.....not pure BS lies..

ChuckG16 said:

Judging by this post, and your avatar, you are an xbox360 fan, which is fine.

However stupid posts are only going to lead to you being ignored in every discussion.

Please learn from this mistake. Wally

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot