By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do people keep claiming MGS4 is PS3's saviour?

well u obviously know nothing. It's goin gto be included in the bundle with the ps3! So sales may only show 1 mil on vg if u look at the spike that occurs when the comes out u can basically add that many sales to the total! MGS 4 will just bring more people into the ps3. Littlebigplanet, home, killzone 2, resistance 2, motorstorm 2: pacific rift and countless others will make them stay there!

Around the Network

one thing to be said - Gran Turismo 5 in others = PS3 sales competing with the Wii.

Also, what could u all expect form Haze? It was made by ubisoft. Their games are like a roller coaster up and down.

ALSO! haze is 720 p and yea thats better then most xbox games it's still bad for a ps3s usually 1080!

DMeisterJ said:
tombi123 said:
ChuckG16 said:
You guys said that Haze would also save the Ps3, so whats next after MGS4 is gone?

LBP???hahahaha make me laugh

Nobody said Haze was going to 'save' the PS3. 

If marketed correctly LittleBigPlanet could move a hell of a lot of consoles. It's original, it has casual and hardcore appeal and based off of previews from the media it sounds/looks awesome. LittleBigPlanet could sell more systems then MGS4.

Biased!!!!

Look at that avatar!

Damn! I've been found out :O

Naraku_Diabolos said:
konnichiwa said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

I will have to fully agree with Superchunk on this one. A lot of people on this chat forum do not understand why the PS3 is not selling like crazy. Its game don't appeal to anyone but to the hardcore--a niche group that's a dying breed (heavy-violence and lack of positive intelligence that doesn't solve anything; aka GTA). Of course the casuals, over time, will become a better and new form of this emo-hardcore group we have now that is more centric and bent on having fun rather than bleeding your eyes into an orgasm while your brain goes dead.

Besides, does the new gaming community need the same experience rather than giving something new? I'd say that Nintendo got it right and people love 'change.'

Besides, Superchunk, the ONLY console that benefited on the release of GTAIV was NOT the PS3 or X360. It was the Wii with nearly 1 million units sold on the release week of GTAIV, and that games not available on the Wii. I think that when MGS4 is released, the Wii will go past 500k units sold. I bet Nintendo is holding back on their Wii consoles when the competition is releasing a heavy-hitter game title.

I thought that we could only find people like you in the PS3 owners group o_o.....

Why? I would LOVE to own a PS3, but Sony's console does not have any of the games that interest me, besides JRPGs. Maybe that new Naruto game. If I only bought a PS3 right now, it would be for DVD/Blu-Ray purposes, until the games I like would appear.

Coz you are saying things that are unbeleaveble.

the ONLY console that benefited on the release of GTAIV was NOT the PS3 or X360. It was the Wii

Around the Network
konnichiwa said:
Naraku_Diabolos said:

Why? I would LOVE to own a PS3, but Sony's console does not have any of the games that interest me, besides JRPGs. Maybe that new Naruto game. If I only bought a PS3 right now, it would be for DVD/Blu-Ray purposes, until the games I like would appear.

Coz you are saying things that are unbeleaveble.

the ONLY console that benefited on the release of GTAIV was NOT the PS3 or X360. It was the Wii

Uh, because Nintendo countered GTAIV with more shipments of the Wii console? The Wii sold nearly 1 million in that week alone. Sure the PS3 and X360 sold a lot more than usual (wasn't it above 150k but under 550k?), but the Wii slaughtered it. Read on that "Will Nintendo counter MGS4 with more Wii shipments?" whatever thread. That's basically what I based part of my post on.

Superchunk makes it sound like mgs4 wont do anything at all

those numbers are actually off
metal gear solid 2 sold over 7 mil on ps2 alone

Why do Nintendo fans view desperate fanboys as the voice of a certain console's owners?

There, I said it.

I only bought a PS3 because of MGS4. It better be awesome, in spite of what Kojima says. Otherwise I'm selling my PS3.