By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Why do people keep claiming MGS4 is PS3's saviour?

superchunk said:
In fact here is the graph for just others. Where did GT5P cause a dramatic change?

I'm going to take a WILD guess and say the week where PS3 sold even more than Wii in OTHERS?

Soriku (Feb 10/08): In 5 years the PS3/360 will be dead.

KH3 bet: "If KH3 comes to Wii exclusive, I will take a 1 month of sig/avatar by otheres open a thread apologize and praise you guys' brilliance." http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?start=50&id=18379
Original cast: Badonkadonkhr, sc94597 allaboutthegames885, kingofwale, Soriku, ctk495, skeezer, RDBRaptor, Mirson,

Episode 1: OOPSY!
selnor
: Too Human I even expect 3-4 mill entire life and 500,000 first day. GoW2 ( expect 7 - 9 million entire life and over 2 mill first day), Fable 2 (expect 5-6 million entire life and 1.5 mill fist day) BK3 (expect 4 - 5 mill sales entire life and 1 mill first day).. Tales/IU/TLR should get to 2 or 3 million! post id: 868878
Episode 2:
Letsdance: FFXIII (PS3+360) first week in NA = 286K
According to pre-order rate in week 13 (post id: 2902544)
Around the Network

MGS4 WILL cause a hardware boost for 2-3 weeks....there is no denying that im afraid. Go stroke your xbox360 anybody who disagrees

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Well if you can't see the spike before GTA Iv and now a constant of 90K + instead of 70K then I don't know which graph you are seeing

GT 5 prologue cause a HUGE spike & has a solid pro-longed effect....

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@vegabond

Rock_on is just a parody of a sony fanboy :)

darthdevidem01 said:
Look if your talking about Rock on or some obscure Leo-J quotes from months ago...thats all

no-one else said sales will double...NO-ONE

_____

@superchunk

right this is EU ONLY not the "total others graph"

http://www.vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=Europe&cons2=PS3&reg2=Europe&cons3=X360&reg3=Europe&start=39453&end=39600

see the spike before GTA 4....despite 360 price drop GT 5 prologue resulted in that spike...only a demo..

1. I've seen more than a couple threads/posts about MGS4 saving grace.

2.  So, you are refering to a small spike that had no lasting effect. Exactly my point. MGS4 will not have a lasting effect, only a small 1-2 week change.

Around the Network

I can't waut until the acolytes move onto Killzone 2. The list of discarded saviors gets longer and longer.

i can think of just one person who has claim such thing, he's rock on wrong though. One game does not have huge effect, a great library will help the ps3 and so far the ps3 is slowly building up their game library.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)

@kingofwale

you'd be right....

kingofwale said:
superchunk said:
In fact here is the graph for just others. Where did GT5P cause a dramatic change?

I'm going to take a WILD guess and say the week where PS3 sold even more than Wii in OTHERS?

I think he realizes what week it was. He asked where the "dramatic change" was. It caused PS3 sales to jump to 140k+ but they quickly tumbled back down to 100k and even just under that before GTA week hit and now after both titles have released they've settled back under a 100k. There wasn't a "dramatic change" with sustained growth in sales is what he meant to say contrary to what many people expect.

@superchunk

before GT 5 prologue PS3 was averaging 70K after it 90K +....really are you acting blind?