By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just noticed it, but Wii sales userbase are added by .1 percent weekly

@ Euphoria Wow that does look good. I like the concept.

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
@ Euphoria Wow that does look good. I like the concept.

I want to deface my friends!!

Anyways, it's 2:45am here and I got some sleep to catch up on.

Thanks again for the list and keep an eye on Dokapon Kingdom. It looks ace, lol.

iPhone = Great gaming device. Don't agree? Who cares, because you're wrong.

Currently playing:

Final Fantasy VI (iOS), Final Fantasy: Record Keeper (iOS) & Dragon Quest V (iOS)     

Got a retro room? Post it here!

current trends are also at 1.8mil/month production 2.4mil/month is starting up now, so wii should start making up ground even faster also, ps360 sales will drop during summer/autumn like every other year

Bets:Missed by 420k I bet leo-j vg$500 that wii will sell 31 million by 7/31/08.  Sorry, I don't think he has enough vg$ to make it with all of u that wish you could. Hit, with room to spare I bet kingofwale a 1-week ban that wii Americas ltd sales>360 Americas ltd sales as of the numbers for week ending 7/05/08 (using vgchartz homepage #s)

Predictions:

Wii will sell 18-20mil by 12/31/07  CHECKWii will sell 45mil+ WW by 12/31/08Wii will surpass PS2 sales WW by 11/17/11 (5yr anniversary)Wii Fit will hit 12mil sales in 2009MKWii+SSBB+Wii Fit+SMG > 50 mil sales by 2010 > gta4+mgs+gt5+ff13+haze+lbp

^thats why i think it will make it to 50% this year

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Isn't it more useful to look at the raw number it has to make up?

Wii is 5.05M behind PS3 + 360.

It could outsell PS3 + 360 by several million over the holiday season. If it makes up 3M over Nov-Dec, it just has to make up 2M until then. It will need to continue its current breakneck pace to acheive that, but it's certainly possible.

The only thing missing from the lineup for the rest of 2008 is the exclusive holiday blockbuster. But I expect it will come. Mario Party 9 could probably outgun most of the big holiday exclusives for the other systems.

"[Our former customers] are unable to find software which they WANT to play."
"The way to solve this problem lies in how to communicate what kind of games [they CAN play]."

Satoru Iwata, Nintendo President. Only slightly paraphrased.

Around the Network

45.8 perecent for the userbase of the Wii already FTW! :)

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

The wii sells better when MS and Sony put out AAA titles. Remember the boost the wii received with GTA IV? That's more important then what titles will be coming out for the wii...

lol, Wii is 45.8, but all 3 are totaled up to 100.1 again. It's really more of a 45.75%

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her