By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I just noticed it, but Wii sales userbase are added by .1 percent weekly

Do you people even bother looking at the sales numbers? At this rate it will take about another 70 weeks for the Wii to get to 50% marketshare. The holidays will cut this down to about 60 weeks. But that still means June/July/August time next year.

Around the Network
Oyvoyvoyv said:
azrm2k said:

@Oyvoyvoyv

Well then it averages out to .1 steps forward a week doesn't it?

No, +2 and then -1 is 1 over 2 weeks, which means that it moved .1 forward in two weeks, not 1.

That means it is moving roughly 0.05 forward a week.

Of course, this doesn't mean that it actually does move 0.05/week, it was just a way of saying that it didn't move steadily.

Ah my mistake.  I type without thinking sometimes....

Lol, Soriku fell for it too :P

Also, Tombi, most of us have already done that math, you can see it in 50% + of the threads about this subject. Some people choose to look at the way they think looks best, not the "best" way to look at it.

Ps2 2001 vs Ps3 2008 is a good example of this.

http://www.vgchartz.com/games/userreviewdisp.php?id=261

That is VGChartz LONGEST review. And it's NOT Cute Kitten DS

@Oyvoyvoyv

Yeah, that was pretty much just aimed at superchunk and brute.

tombi123 said:
@Oyvoyvoyv

Yeah, that was pretty much just aimed at superchunk and brute.

Yep, I know.

But that is a prediction I made a long time ago and I am hold on to it. I may eat crow come Jan 1, but I don't think so. 

Around the Network

Part of my reasoning to hold on to that prediction is

http://vgchartz.com/hwcomps.php?cons1=Wii&reg1=All&cons2=PS3&reg2=All&cons3=X360&reg3=All&start=39236&end=39600

notice how Wii's trend, while continuously jumpin up and down, continues to slowly move up during the slowest part of the year. Plus, you add in the continued increase in supply and the massive amounts I think the Wii will outsell the PS360 this holiday...

I'm right. Wii will be greater than 50% by years end.

of course the wii production increase may just change those .1's to .2's and allow even bigger stockpiling for this holiday to close the gap even more.

Either way - it stands an 45.72% even before japans figures, may get to 45.75 when all is said and done this week.

Keep in mind the first six months of this year the Wii has been running at a rediculuosly high demand, and for good reason. they released 3 AAA titles in the first six months in Mario Kart, SSB and Wii Fit.. As the year continues I certianly expect Wii sales to be high, but there is a very good chance that it will come down to more normmal numbers. just because it's selling at this high rate now doesn't mean it will continue forever.

The holidays will either make it happen quicker as Nintendo does huge shipments in Nov/Dec, but.... if it doesn't make it, then it will be a huge drought in Jan/Feb.

and there is always the chance that Nintendo will saturate demand at the $250 mark in America by then....

Time will tell... Right now, I would say it could go either way, but I am guess demand will not be met this year, and sales for 360 and PS3 will be good this year during the holidays, and we are looking at 2Q 2009.

tombi123 said:
Do you people even bother looking at the sales numbers? At this rate it will take about another 70 weeks for the Wii to get to 50% marketshare. The holidays will cut this down to about 60 weeks. But that still means June/July/August time next year.

well ninty did increase production even more,so that will also help it

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"