By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - NA SALES UP!! -- PS3 In Trouble??

legend92 said:
remember tho that ps3 has no 80gig in NA which means no BC so maybe thats why

There are no 80GB anywhere else either.

Around the Network

Maybe they bought the PS3 AAA title HAZE and their friends who were thinking of buying a PS3 saw it and thought, What the hell is that PS2 wannabe game?, I'm off to get a 360/Wii"........

Why are you making excuses for a Multi corp company ?, do you go on other forums and post when their battery sales etc go down in sales ?..

i think its the mgs4 lunch we will see a big big boost

Epic success for the X360 this week. 60,000 is very stlong sales number because:
* Over 2.5 year old the console is
* Still costs $349
* this is a slow season of the year
* there hasn't been any AAA titles in a long time other than GTA4

Enemy Territory: Quake Wars opened well (40+20K=60K), considering the bad reviews.

I hope it reaches 500,000 worldwide on both consoles combined and maybe Splash Damage will at least get some of their money back.

In response to some comments in this thread from fans of the "third" console:

I don't like Sony, but the PS3 is in no trouble. And I don't like sneak games, but MGS4 will move 150,000 extra PS3 consoles ww in just a week.

The truth is that HD gaming is what many many gamers want. With Ubisofts and Capcoms (just to name a couple) stlong support for HD consoles we're in for some great years of gaming.

Around the Network

Good to see Microsoft got the Xbox 360's supply issues sorted out.

starcraft - Playing Games = FUN, Talking about Games = SERIOUS

Everyone who wants a PS3 will look into what's coming out soon, so they will hold off on getting one until the new bundle. Prices were lowered to clear out stock.

Comon PS3 u've outsold 360 for 27 weeks straight, if u just hold off another 2 u have it in the bag!

You are all setting yourselves for a huge disappointment. What Grand Theft Auto couldn't do, Metal Gear Solid won't do.

Current-gen game collection uploaded on the profile, full of win and good games; also most of my PC games. Lucasfilm Games/LucasArts 1982-2008 (Requiescat In Pace).

Gearbox said:
Everyone who wants a PS3 will look into what's coming out soon, so they will hold off on getting one until the new bundle. Prices were lowered to clear out stock.

Comon PS3 u've outsold 360 for 27 weeks straight, if u just hold off another 2 u have it in the bag!

That's of course nonsense. Consumer behaviour doesn't work that way. They buy something when they feel like it. Of course there are some people that will wait for the 80GB and more for the $100,- off, but certainly not everyone, not even close.
Only those who are very informed know that the 80GB is coming, and most of the very informed gamers already have a current gen console.

OT: The Ps3 is only in trouble in Japan, in the West it's doing fine. It's probably never going to capture 360 in the US, but worldwide I think it will be the HD console that wins.
But please don't expect too much from MGS4, it's a hardcore game in the most extreme way and it definitely won't raise PS3 sales over the GTAIV launch. GTA had much more hype and has a much broader appeal. Most of the MGS fans already have a PS3.

It is high time that the platform exclusives come rolling now. MGS 4 will be the very first highly anticipated PS3 title, exclusive that is, let's see what it can do longterm with the promise of more to come!