By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Eminem in Resident Evil 5?

_mevildan said:
Hmmm. I may be in a rather unique position here, in that I AM a white dude that lives in Africa. I better watch out. Capcom wants me to be killed in a game too!

Believe me, there are quite a few white people in the southern regions of Africa (including Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana). I don't live in Jo'burg either. I come from the Eastern Cape in South Africa.

Anyway, I see your point. in Central Africa (where this game seems to be set). you won't find many. If there are any, they would most likely be Mormon missionaries or diamond smugglers. How do you like that for generalizations?

Actually I'm pretty sure it's set around the Sudan and west of the Sudan and Ethiopia.  They just look like recolored people who were meant to be black anyway.

Around the Network

do you get to mutilate eminems? i hope you do, oh the satisfaction it would bring me, mwhahah!

I'm with the 'lets fuck up eminem' brigade. Now if only it was a voodoo game.

_mevildan said:
Hmmm. I may be in a rather unique position here, in that I AM a white dude that lives in Africa. I better watch out. Capcom wants me to be killed in a game too!

Believe me, there are quite a few white people in the southern regions of Africa (including Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Namibia, Botswana). I don't live in Jo'burg either. I come from the Eastern Cape in South Africa.

Anyway, I see your point. in Central Africa (where this game seems to be set). you won't find many. If there are any, they would most likely be Mormon missionaries or diamond smugglers. How do you like that for generalizations?

Thank you!

I'm 100% sure that Capcom are (were) simulating Central Afrika, the deepest of Black Africa. You can see it from the culture and the type of village/town and even from how the black people look (they do not look like Ethiopians/Sudan/Somalia).

Mistershine said:

Voodoo is actually touching the problem I see with including a bunch of white people and asians.

What I pictured in my head, especially after seeing the first trailer (before Capcom changed the color of half of the zombies) was a voodoo-like setting. I know that in RE it's a virus rather than magic that has created the zombies, but it still has the supernatural feel.

With the Africa setting, a voodoo'ish atmosphere seemed perfect. You'd have jungle-surrounded small towns and villages, far away from (the western form of) civilization, with people who would appear as quite suspicous and cautous about foreigners, just like in many horror-movies. So even the inhabitants that weren't zombified yet would create the feeling of hostility towards the player walking around.

With hundreds of Eminems in the game, the setting isn't authentic anymore. It's not believable, it borders to comedy now.

If only we could mutilate Mariah Carey while w're at it...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

Oh god.. ROFL!!

That is one sick close up. XD

EDIT: I somehow am much impressed on how RE5 looks than how KZ2 looks.. I got no idea why.. :C 

lol that would be funny :P

Vote the Mayor for Mayor!

Hey...how'd this thread get back on topic?

I won't mind killing that talentless sob in a game tbh.

Slimebeast said:
_mevildan said:

Thank you!

I'm 100% sure that Capcom are (were) simulating Central Afrika, the deepest of Black Africa. You can see it from the culture and the type of village/town and even from how the black people look (they do not look like Ethiopians/Sudan/Somalia).

Mistershine said:

Like Capcom knows the difference? According to Capcom the zombie outbreak is caused by the erruption of volcanoes in the Somalia and Ethioia area.  I'm just hoping they were smart enough to NOT put it in the Sudan.  Putting it near it is bad enough, i'd hate to see the kind of crap that would raise there.