By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - MGS4 or Brawl?!

So, first read what I mean by this comparison:

Brawl is coming out here in Europe in 'not so long'. By that I mean; This month!!! Finally... Also, MGS4 is coming out on June 14th here in Europe. I've got this dilemma however, I only got the $ for 1 of the two... Sadly.

I wanna point out that I've never played a MGS game before, maybe that can wage in on my opinion on the game and (the understanding of) it's storyline. I plan to pick up The Twin Snakes for Gamecube though. I don't own a PS1 or PS2... My PS3 isn't backwards compatible, so I can't play the others.

For Super Smash Bros, I've been known with the franchise for a longer period then MGS. I own Melee (although I suck at it) and have played it a lot with friends. Enjoy the franchise!

Now, the obvious but inevitable question; What game should I pick up?!

Super Smash Bros Brawl OR Metal Gear Solid 4.

-Note: Don't answer by what gaming platform YOU prefer, answer by reading the points given in this post and analysing what you think I can enjoy myself most with!

THE NETHERLANDS

Around the Network

If you wanna have fun with friends SSBB.
If you want a game that will last you forever SSBB.

Pick SSBB.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Melee

You've never played an MGS game....this is a non-issue. Get Brawl.

DO NOt

I repeat DO NOT

Buy MGS4...

if you have no idea of the story of MGS2....then you will be lost as MGS4 will have huge cutscenes and will be story heavy..

Get Metal Gear Online later on in the year instead

__-

Happy Brawling

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Around the Network

Obviously your best purchase would be brawl,if you havent played the earlier games in the MGS series....trust me,now wouldnt be the time to jump in theres so much much story to catch up on...

I bought Brawl when it released in America and I still play it a lot. MGS4 will be a game that I'm sure is fantastic for a playthrough or maybe two. Brawl is a game that you'll keep playing over and over due to all of the play modes and unlockables. Well, that my opinion.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Red Steel

I actually like Red Steel and that's a good joke. I give it a 9.5.

Proud member of the SONIC SUPPORT SQUAD

Tag "Sorry man. Someone pissed in my Wheaties."

"There are like ten games a year that sell over a million units."  High Voltage CEO -  Eric Nofsinger

Oh god...please don't start the trend of rating posts. I hate every time I see Profcrab do it and if anyone else starts it I might be forced to start wishing cancer upon you all.