By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - UK Software LTD Charts by Platform

tombi123 said:
I seriously think we have undertracked LBP in Europe.

I mean its outsold MGS4, Pro Evo 2008 and 2009 in the UK. Plus every other PS3 game that has sold 300,000 in the UK, has sold over 1.5M in Europe.

First off, LittleBigPlanet is a game that has a lot more appeal in the UK than the titles you mentioned. Britain tends to lean towards Fifa. Second off, it should be quite obvious by now that these numbers aren't exactly up to date.

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:

I mean its outsold MGS4, Pro Evo 2008 and 2009 in the UK. Plus every other PS3 game that has sold 300,000 in the UK, has sold over 1.5M in Europe.

First off, LittleBigPlanet is a game that has a lot more appeal in the UK than the titles you mentioned. Britain tends to lean towards Fifa. Second off, it should be quite obvious by now that these numbers aren't exactly up to date.

What makes LBP appeal so much to the British that it gets about 1/3 of its sales from the UK, when the PS3 only gets about 1/5 of its sales from the UK?

The bolded just backs up my point doesn't it? If these numbers aren't up to date, then LBP has sold even more...

tombi123 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:

What makes LBP appeal so much to the British that it gets about 1/3 of its sales from the UK, when the PS3 only gets about 1/5 of its sales from the UK?

The bolded just backs up my point doesn't it? If these numbers aren't up to date, then LBP has sold even more...

Wrong, wrong, wrong. LittleBigPlanet was created by a British developer, has a British narrator, and has old style platforming gameplay. It has a bit more British appeal than Pro Evolution. The UK is generally a more front-loaded market with higher attach rates than other countries in Europe. And when I said that the numbers were outdated, I was talking about other titles. Namely, the ones that have sold 300k in the UK on this list and 1.5 million or more in the rest of Others.

Extremely Appreciated BKK2!

4 ≈ One

MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. LittleBigPlanet was created by a British developer, has a British narrator, and has old style platforming gameplay. It has a bit more British appeal than Pro Evolution. The UK is generally a more front-loaded market with higher attach rates than other countries in Europe. And when I said that the numbers were outdated, I was talking about other titles. Namely, the ones that have sold 300k in the UK on this list and 1.5 million or more in the rest of Others.

He's only the narrator in English, other languages have their own narrators.

As you pointed out, there is no sales award between 300k and 600k so these games could be anywhere between, but the later they passed the lower they're likely to be. The date at the end shows the month the milestone was achieved.

Around the Network
BKK2 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:
MontanaHatchet said:
tombi123 said:

Wrong, wrong, wrong. LittleBigPlanet was created by a British developer, has a British narrator[.b], and has old style platforming gameplay. It has a bit more British appeal than Pro Evolution. The UK is generally a more front-loaded market with higher attach rates than other countries in Europe. And when I said that the numbers were outdated, I was talking about other titles. Namely, the ones that have sold 300k in the UK on this list and 1.5 million or more in the rest of Others.

Each language has it's own narrator.

And here I was thinking that the Japanese version had a British narrator once again.

I edited my post a little. Anyway, my point was that LBP had good localisation, with different celebrities narrating in each country. There's a Swedish TV host narrating in the Swedish version for example. Most Europeans will never hear the British narrator (Stephen Fry).

There is numbers for UK in this thread very intersting for this thread:

http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=59087

NPD/GFK/Enterbrain

2008* Top 5 Video Game Titles Top Global Markets Report Ranked By Units**

2008 Titles Total US Retail Japan Retail UK Retail

Mario Kart Wii 8.94mil 5 mil 2mil 1.94mil

Wii Fit 8.31mil 4.55mil 2.15mil 1.61mil

Grand Theft Auto IV 7.29mil 5.18mil 256K 1.85mil

Super Smash Bros: Brawl 6.32mil 4.17mil 1.75mil 404K

Call Of Duty: World At War 5.89mil 4.46mil 0 1.43mil

I remember an another thread where they give a lot of numbers for UK. Don't know which thread, but maybe you remember where he is.

So another Wii game that hits platinum, Tiger Woods PGA Tour 08 is at 0.8 million without Others data and it looks like it has sold at least 200k in the UK alone, so maybe its time for someone to update these numbers.

100,000 GT Pro Series (Ubisoft) (08/12/08) - (ESA) [Dec 08]

How the hell did that game get to 100k sales? Btw, wasn't it a launch game, so from 2006 instead of 2008?