By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony trying new PS3 shoving tactics

PS3's and happy endings for everyone!

Around the Network
Cursayer2 said:

Sony's trying really hard to push the PS3's sales...

You know, maybe they should offer a free Nintendo Wii for every PS3 purchased. It'd increase sales by a little bit.

If they could do it, that would be great.  For $949, get a wii, a PS3, and a AAA PS3game of your choice.  If I didn't already have a wii, I would seriously consider that offer!  Of course most people who would, probably already have one or the other systems...

It's obvious the wii won the start of the war.  The question is, who is in second place...   Sony's best bet is to eliminate the 360 now, and then work on eliminating the wii long term...

As the PS3 can be so much better at games (at least graphics wise), and wiimote is just a fad or little better than 6-axis, it will not hurt PS3 game sales much.

I could see stores offering that bundle...  It would make it so that the only way to get a wii, is if you also purchased a PS3 at the same time. 

Dolla Dolla said:

Even with that it is still not worth $600.

superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:

sure bud, yet 10 year old technology is worth $250 ?

Yea, doesn't this deal go on with most companies and dealers?

Around the Network
Blue3 said:
superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Nope but its selling like hotcakes. Oh sorry, I forgot yours wasn't, lol.

Yeah, and the Wii is certainly a fad, you know, just like the DS was a fad right? Lol, because the PSP is going to catch up with the DS someday, LOL!!! Hahahahahahahahaha! Oh I love these threads.

How is this news? Ever heard of RLS? MS has one, sony has one, Nintendo has one. How do you think I get free games all the time from MS/Sony?

Just more proof that Sony wont be doing a price drop this year. Instead, they are making retailers work harder to sell them.

What is RLS?

Blue3 said:
superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:

Everything is only worth what people will pay for it, so judging by sales figures... yes, it is.

More on the topic at hand, though, notice the managers aren't even being offered cash. Instead they get points to put toward their 5-6 favorite PS3 games.

Which is great... assuming they have a PS3, or 5-6 favorite PS3 games.

"Whenever you find a man who says he doesn't believe in a real Right and Wrong, you will find the same man going back on this a moment later."   -C.S. Lewis

"We all make choices... but in the end, our choices... make us."   -Andrew Ryan, Bioshock

Prediction: Wii passes 360 in US between July - September 2008. (Wii supply will be the issue to watch, and barring any freak incidents between now and then as well.) - 6/5/08; Wow, came true even earlier. Wii is a monster.