By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Sony trying new PS3 shoving tactics

PlagueOfLocust said:
Blue3 said:
superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:
PS3's and happy endings for everyone!

Even with that it is still not worth $600.

sure bud, yet 10 year old technology is worth $250 ?

Everything is only worth what people will pay for it, so judging by sales figures... yes, it is.

More on the topic at hand, though, notice the managers aren't even being offered cash. Instead they get points to put toward their 5-6 favorite PS3 games.

Which is great... assuming they have a PS3, or 5-6 favorite PS3 games.

assuming there are 5-6 PS3 games worth getting...

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

Around the Network

"wiimote is just a fad." You know what this statement is don't you, it's a fad. Seriously this sounds like a broken record.

Blue3 said:
superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:

It's worth whatever the consumer is willing to pay...

According to ebay sales trends, the wii is worth more like $350.

and the PS3 is worth $550.

That said, it's not 10 year old technology. You obviosly have no clue about technology and/or the wii. A few of the things that did not exist 10 years ago that are include in a wii...

sd memory cards

Bluetooth

USB 2.0

802.11g

Not sure what the latest is, but 802.11g was not a standard until June 2003, which means it's at more 3.5 year old technology, and even if you think all the technology is the wii is that old, you would still be wrong...

If anyone here has ever been in sales they would know that this type of practice is very COMMON. Blowing it out of proportion seems to be alot of peoples profession though.

It's true. Microsoft has a program that gives out free games to retail employees who are willing to learn to sell those titles to their customers. I found out about it when there were posts on the Internet about Microsoft giving away free "Gears of War" (only to retail employees eligible for the program). They also did something with Zune where volunteers (college students only) who agreed to do grassroots marketing at their campuses would be rewarded with a limited edition Zune and some other freebies (t-shirts and such).

Around the Network
ckmlb said:
Welcome to retail. That happens in retail all the time so don't get too happy Nintendo fanboys...

Retail?heck it happens everywhere, Look at doctors, they get pharmaceutic kick backs and bonuses if they prescribe medication.

Yes, that's true too. And not just human doctors. Veterinarians get kickbacks too.

While I'd like to point out Sony fans are notorious for blowing things out of proportion to the degree of this thread and then some, it doesn't mean this thread is really justified either, it seems more geared towards poking a stick into a bee's nest than raising legitimate discussion.

Parokki said:
Gballzack said:
lol, just lol.

Am I the only one who has to re-read every "lol" on this site, just to be sure people aren't talking about ioi?

Link completely unrelated.

+1 

Now Loading... Please Wait!

jlauro said:
Blue3 said:
superchunk said:
Dolla Dolla said:

It's worth whatever the consumer is willing to pay...

According to ebay sales trends, the wii is worth more like $350.

and the PS3 is worth $550.

That said, it's not 10 year old technology. You obviosly have no clue about technology and/or the wii. A few of the things that did not exist 10 years ago that are include in a wii...

sd memory cards

Bluetooth

USB 2.0

802.11g

Not sure what the latest is, but 802.11g was not a standard until June 2003, which means it's at more 3.5 year old technology, and even if you think all the technology is the wii is that old, you would still be wrong...

actually, bluetooth is near enough to 10 years old (specifications formally ratified in 1998. SD is also about 8 years old. Bringing in this old technology doesn't really hel your cause.

Of course, this doesn't detract from the fact that the claim that the Wii is "10 year old technology" is completely laughable. My cellphone has barely more power than my old Pentium. Does that make it 20 year old technology? Of course not. The idea that technology only exists to push polygons is ludicrous

Of course, it won't stop him spouting his nonsense, but just give up on trying to convince him.

Help! I'm stuck in a forum signature!