By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOMB: Harrison, Kaplan And Llewelyn All Departing Nintendo Of America

pssh Samus is acting CEO.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network
llewdebkram said:
Never heard of these people, I always though Mario, Link and Pikachu ran Nintendo

Yes in Japan, but in US they had to hire other people. I think it's unfair that they didn't hire Luigi and Jigglypuff for those positions

I'm not too worried, it's not like the marketing department has any effect on game quality.

This is very weird, why would they be doing this now with all the success?

Also, simply because they didn't wanna move is not a legitimate reason that they decided to leave their jobs lol

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

Deguello said:
I like how Game Informer goes ahead and wishes them well in their future endeavors before the story is actually confirmed true or not.

Gotta love Video Game Journalistic Integrity.

It sounds like they're pretty sure.

Around the Network
ckmlb said:

Also, simply because they didn't wanna move is not a legitimate reason that they decided to leave their jobs lol

It's not? Why not?

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Yeah, Kaplan never sounded like she really knew what the hell was going on. Harrison I'm not too down on, not sure of the other one. I think perhaps another part of it is that there's a lot of fanfare for Reggie, all the fans like him, and he seems like the best of the Nintendo PR boxes.. and perhaps they're just tired of being overshadowed by him?

Regardless, I'm sure they can live out the rest of their lives in luxury and comfort without working another day.

Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:

It's not? Why not?

So you're telling me 3 of their top people just leave cause tehy don't want to get paid huge wads of money because they cannot bare living somewhere else?

ckmlb said:
Bodhesatva said:
ckmlb said:

It's not? Why not?

So you're telling me 3 of their top people just leave cause tehy don't want to get paid huge wads of money because they cannot bare living somewhere else?

Well there could be plenty of things behind the scenes that they just aren't talking about. That being said, if these people have million dollar homes in Washington, and have their families invested into private schools, or family have their own businesses there, why move? Or as I said, are well invested enough that they don't have to work another day in their lives.

Also, hey, what can look better on your resume if you're looking for a step up from previous jobs at a new company than 'Worked on the Wii PR/Marketing campaign'

No matter where Perrin goes, she will do good, very briliant woman, Beth and George are very astute as well. So is the redmond office shutting down completely? Or just remain a satelite office? And why the move(nintendo power aside?)