By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - BOMB: Harrison, Kaplan And Llewelyn All Departing Nintendo Of America

"Harrison, Kaplan And Llewelyn All Departing Nintendo Of America"

Now that the June deadline date for Nintendo of America staff has reared its head, the fallout from Nintendo’s Sales and Marketing move has been leaked. According to our sources, approximately 90% of the Nintendo of America Sales and Marketing Staff has decided not to make the move to either San Francisco or New York, thereby taking a severance and leaving the company.

Three key executives will be leaving Nintendo of America, including Senior Director of Public Relations Beth Llewelyn; Vice President, Marking and Corporate Affairs Perrin Kaplan; and Senior Vice President, Marketing and Corporate Communications George Harrison. When these three will actually depart the company is unknown at this time, however, we’re betting on the fact that they’ll stay with Nintendo of America until the upcoming E3 show is over.

Currently, this basically wipes out the majority of Nintendo of America’s key marketing executives. The only two major executives remaining at Nintendo of America include Chairman and CEO Tatsumi Kimishima and President and COO Reggie Fils-Aime. However, whether or not they will be packing a U-Haul and trekking to San Francisco or New York is unknown at this time.

Game Informer Online has interviewed all three of these executives countless times in the past years, and we wish them well in their future endeavors.

We have contacted our reps at Nintendo to get “official” word, and are still waiting to hear back with a statement.

Nooooooooooo... This cant happend!!!

Around the Network

That stinks for them....however, i really dont think its been the marketing in the states thats driving sales of nintendo products so id expect to see no effect in terms of consumers.

I only knew George Harrison of the 3 leaving. It will be interesting to see if Nintendo's marketing changes a lot with the loss of these people.

Source? Link?

Thanks to Blacksaber for the sig!

I guess they didn't want to move?

Kinda stinks...but then again I didn't really like Kaplan...

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Sources are not named, the article classifies the information as a "leak" and the Game Informer editors are awaiting official word from Nintendo of America.

Link:

http://www.gameinformer.com/NR/exeres/DBDBAA74-D8AD-4175-8286-3E54EB0494F1.htm

I like how Game Informer goes ahead and wishes them well in their future endeavors before the story is actually confirmed true or not.

Gotta love Video Game Journalistic Integrity.

i didnt mind george...too bad he didnt want to go.

i could care less about the other two

Wii ID: 3598-1817-7961-3393. PM me if you want an add

If it wasnt for MGS4, the PS3 is unnecessary

If they move the HQ to NY I could see a lot of people leaving. It's a completely different lifestyle. SF is also pretty expensive to live compared to Redmond as well.

Never heard of these people, I always though Mario, Link and Pikachu ran Nintendo