By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Will NOT have any TV Marketing in NA ---- SONY's Arrogance!!

tv ads help big time, there might be some ps2 players that dont even know mgs4 is coming out who may buy ps3 with mgs4

Wii/Mario Kart Wii Code:2793-0686-5434
Around the Network

Maybe it'll have surprise advertising for the game cause it would be stupid not to advertise it. WE'LL SEE.

iWillCrushAllWhoDefyMe!                                                                           PN ID- DrivenToExcell -if you want to add me to your friends list tell me where you know me from(vgchartz) www.twitter.com/driventoexcell

Well I haven't finished watching the bonus round, but I saw this. (if you've been trying to avoid MGS4 info for the past month or two, it shows some locales that hadn't been seen)

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-151990.aspx

Are they theater ads or something?

The video was only some guy saying he's heard rumors that there may not be any TV advertising. Nowhere near a definite thing.

Actaully this is false. It's been confirmed weeks ago that MGS4 will run tv ads. However majority of the ads will be targeting movies theatres during the previews playing before movies. There will also be 2 tv spots on MTV movie awards tonight.

Around the Network

its alright...this most likely will contribute to a 360 port...

in any case, I don't care if some dude's little brother doesn't see the commercial and doesn't buy it as I get it first day.

darthdevidem01 said:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/34633.html

Once again SONY does a foolish & stupid thing that makes me go WTF

I mean they do frikkin drink commercials with MGS4 in it for Japan where the game SELLS the LEAST..& in NA they aren't even doing a TV Commercial.......

Nice reward for letting Konami keep it exclusive to PS3 SONY..not even bothering to market the game, I mean this is THE BIG game for PS3 this year since FF13 & GT 5 are delayed!

What are your thoughts...will it hinder the sales??

PS: No news on EU marketing yet..

Don't post unconfirmed news as fact,because NGai clearly said "specualtions".Sony is not going to let their biggest game for their system go unnoticed.As a matter of fact;The MTV Movie Awards is actually running the theatrical trailer throughout the show.

^^^ good it needs to be on t.v for it sell lots. look what adds did for HAZE

@Bleu-Ocelot

WATCH the video

its at 10:44

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

@Torillian

its not some guy....its one of the most well-informed journalists in the gaming industry

NGAI Croal

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey