By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - MGS4 Will NOT have any TV Marketing in NA ---- SONY's Arrogance!!

Um, when was it written that the platform owner must pay for the marketing side of a publishers job?

I'm Unamerica and you can too.

The Official Huge Monster Hunter Thread: 

The Hunt Begins 4/20/2010 =D

Around the Network

i saw a MGS4 commercial right after Bleach. Damn haters.

This hand of mine is burning red. It's loud cry is telling me to grasp victory.....SEKIHA TENKYOKEN!!!

Yeah aparently there was one between WWE as well..

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

Well it's called MGS 4 and I think most people who will buy it have played all the other ones, think it's kinda hard bringing new players to the series now when it's so story driven that you must have played the other ones to even understand what' going on.

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

Naum said:
Well it's called MGS 4 and I think most people who will buy it have played all the other ones, think it's kinda hard bringing new players to the series now when it's so story driven that you must have played the other ones to even understand what' going on.

It's gonna be my first MGS. I do know some of the story tho.. :p

Check out my game about moles ^

Around the Network
colonelstubbs said:
Are they fucking kidding!!!!!!!!!!!

It shouldnt affect sales, but....still.....

How could it NOT affect sales? All fans of course know the game is coming, but the not so hardcore part, do they all know?

And let's say it wouldn't affect sales, why would they then waste money on commercials? 

iFlower7 said:
colonelstubbs said:

How could it NOT affect sales? All fans of course know the game is coming, but the not so hardcore part, do they all know?

And let's say it wouldn't affect sales, why would they then waste money on commercials? 

Considering tha game is already selling out all over the place....i dont think the lack of ads has made that much of a difference.

And apparently MGS4 is a niche game that only hardcore people buy, so the less hardcore crows allegedly wont buy it.

We are of course assuming all 6 million odd people who bought the first and 2nd games are this legendary hardcore crowd we keep hearing about...

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

THERE ARE ADS! THEY'VE BEEN AIRING SINCE FRIDAY! MY CAPS LOCK BUTTON IS STUCK!! DOES ANYOne have any tips on......Oh. Nevermind. It's back to normal.

colonelstubbs said:
iFlower7 said:
colonelstubbs said:

Considering tha game is already selling out all over the place....i dont think the lack of ads has made that much of a difference.

And apparently MGS4 is a niche game that only hardcore people buy, so the less hardcore crows allegedly wont buy it.

We are of course assuming all 6 million odd people who bought the first and 2nd games are this legendary hardcore crowd we keep hearing about...

The game itself is available for preorder at almost every retailer as far as I´m aware of. Maybe you´re talking about the bundle, but it is unknown how many are available and whatever the exact number is, it will only be a minor part of the total sales of the game around launch.

colonelstubbs said:
iFlower7 said:
colonelstubbs said:

How the sale of 5000 or 10000 is going to determine the success of the sale... and definitely most of the crowd of MGS 1 & MGS 2 may not be too active in the gaming now... with the age one do not remain that much passionate about games and change of taste is also common over time ... so until or unless new followers donot enter the series i m not sure if it will even break 3 million sales.