By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close
crumas2 said:
How does the old engineering motto go? "That which does not kill us, makes us stronger."

Or was it "that which does not kill us, weakens us for that which will?"

At least I still have my sense of humor.

Around the Network
crumas2 said:
wfz said:
They have a 48 hour rule on all pre-orders, it's their standard.

Also, they most likely DID call you. The number they called you with is a different number of their actual store. You wouldn't recognize the number if you saw it.

So really this wasn't Gamestop's fault at all, but you have my sympathies for your misfortune.

Actually, no they didn't call us. We recognized every number on our caller ID from this past week so they could not have called unless they hung up after the first ring.

Well that sucks. I guess there really isn't anything left to say in Gamestop's defence. Amazon is a great choice to shop from since they have those daily deals and free shipping on videogames! (from what I've seen at least)

Gamestop doesn't treat you nice, they treat you like a mark.

If you treat them like garbage, then the relationship is excellent. They respect you more. They can't exactly spit in your game, now can they.

Here is why I do, and I'm dead serious:

Them: You want this gamestop card, it'll save you...

Me: Yeah, yeah, yeah, whatever, no dice bro.

Them: /Smile /embarassed.

Them: Preorder Fable 2.

Me: lol, what are you trying to do man?

Them: /anger

Me: Give me The World Ends With You.

Them: /Gives me an open box with game from slip case

Me: No, I want a new copy.

Them: This is a new copy.

Me: No smart guy. I want an unopened copy. It hasn't been new since you opened it.

Them: Take a hike buddy.

Me: Walmart has better service than this dump. Was gonna buy RockBand, but nah.

Me upon getting home: Call the guy in to the gamestop home office.

You see, this way I always win, and gamestop employees get what they give to kids in return. I've never met one who knew half of the stuff they should be required to know about videogames anyway. They always resort to their little release list. Too bad they don't know what I'm talking about when I say Persona 3. I gotta tell them, Shin Megama Tensai Persona 3 FES.

Nothing against gamestop employees. Just the ones around where I live are godaweful at their jobs, and are also a pack of a-holes trying to hock you stuff to get your money.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Sorry to hear what happened to you, hopefully you'll get your game soon. I've learned not to shop at GameStop, or EB Games anymore. They want to much for a lot of games,or you buy the game, it's scratched up and doesn't work and they don't wanna take it back.....I've had a lot of problems with them so I won't shop there anymore. Now I buy my games from Amazon.com, GameCrazy, or this game store that just moved into my town called Game Traders Club.

My blog: TsalagiDragon on Wordpress

My online store: Tsalagi Dreams 

My Twitter: @Scary4Eva

People at Gamestop do not make much money. To most of them, their job is not one of the most important things in their life. Don't expect much from them. It's best if you know what you want.

I enjoy shopping for games at Gamestop, Bestbuy, Toys R Us, Hastings...from time to time. Amazon.com is my favorite place to buy games because I don't have to pay sales tax and part of the money goes to support a program I like (for example VGChartz). Please buy your games from the Amazon via the VGChartz store :)

Tired of big government?
Want liberty in your lifetime?
Join us @
http://www.freestateproject.org

Around the Network

I've stopped shopping at Gamestop. I just don't like them.

Why not try the VG Chartz Store?

Switch Code: SW-7377-9189-3397 -- Nintendo Network ID: theRepublic -- Steam ID: theRepublic

Now Playing
Switch - Super Mario Maker 2 (2019)
Switch - The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (2019)
Switch - Bastion (2011/2018)
3DS - Star Fox 64 3D (2011)
3DS - Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney (Trilogy) (2005/2014)
Wii U - Darksiders: Warmastered Edition (2010/2017)
Mobile - The Simpson's Tapped Out and Yugioh Duel Links
PC - Deep Rock Galactic (2020)

That sucks crumas, the only thing gamestop is good for is their used games.

^Guy pissing on Microsoft Sign

UBISOFT BOYCOTT

whether they tried to call you and if they have always had that policy is irrelevent. If they are gonna have a blanket policy against all preorders they should display it in writing in the shop and give it to you in writing on the receipt or something.

They more than likely hide this point away thus only telling people verbally so it doesn't act as a deterrent when getting the business from you and leaving them to hide behind these pathetic "we did try to call you" lines. Bad customer service IMO as they have annoyed the shopper who trusted Gamestop when planning in advance and may have been more loyal in the future than a random person walking in and buying it off the cuff.

In terms of annoying and losing your potential loyal customerbase for instinvtive fad shoppers - Gamestop just pulled a Ubisoft.

Yakuzaice said:
From what I recall, they have always had a 48 hour rule. Granted I pre-ordered the limited edition of Subsistence at gamestop, and they had sold it the day it released.

Did you pay for it, or did you just put down a deposit? That must have been totally annoying since those MGS LEs are genuine collectables on the secondary market.

FreeTalkLive said:
People at Gamestop do not make much money. To most of them, their job is not one of the most important things in their life. Don't expect much from them. It's best if you know what you want.

I enjoy shopping for games at Gamestop, Bestbuy, Toys R Us, Hastings...from time to time. Amazon.com is my favorite place to buy games because I don't have to pay sales tax and part of the money goes to support a program I like (for example VGChartz). Please buy your games from the Amazon via the VGChartz store :)

Now *that* is an excellent idea.