By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Do you believe MGS4 will determine PS3 NA's success or final fate.

no

Around the Network

No, I believe MGS4 is a niche game that will sell to all PS3 owners, but only about half of them will ever finish it and when MGS5 comes out, we'll have a ton of people saying, "Ugh, I hate MGS," cause they bought this game off hype, and not because they are actually fans of the series.

Virtually every PS3 owner will buy this game. Less than half will actually enjoy it. MGS isn't a universal series. It's a very excellent series though.

With all the hype it has received, and considering how underplayed and underhyped MGS3 was, I'd say this game is gonna be a huge dissapointment to a lot of people, but also a shiny new gem to Metal Gear Solid fans.

Here's a tip. If you've never played MGS before, and you're excited about this game, you have a very good chance of hating it. You need to know the story, you need to love the series, and you need to know what to expect when you buy this or it is very likely you will come away dissapointed, because it's not exactly a "gameplay" kinda game. It's like nothing you've ever played before, and quite a few reviewers and gamers do despise this series.

As for the topic, one game can't sway things that much for PS3 in NA. If it could, it woulda been GTAIV. 

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

no only one game doesnt determine a systems fate

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

ZenfoldorVGI said:

No, I believe MGS4 is a niche game that will sell to all PS3 owners, but only about half of them will ever finish it and when MGS5 comes out, we'll have a ton of people saying, "Ugh, I hate MGS," cause they bought this game off hype, and not because they are actually fans of the series.

Virtually every PS3 owner will buy this game. Less than half will actually enjoy it. MGS isn't a universal series. It's a very excellent series though.

With all the hype it has received, and considering how underplayed and underhyped MGS3 was, I'd say this game is gonna be a huge dissapointment to a lot of people, but also a shiny new gem to Metal Gear Solid fans.

Here's a tip. If you've never played MGS before, and you're excited about this game, you have a very good chance of hating it. You need to know the story, you need to love the series, and you need to know what to expect when you buy this or it is very likely you will come away dissapointed, because it's not exactly a "gameplay" kinda game. It's like nothing you've ever played before, and quite a few reviewers and gamers do despise this series.

As for the topic, one game can't sway things that much for PS3 in NA. If it could, it woulda been GTAIV.

The game plays differently than previous games in the series so I do not get what you are talking about

MGS 4 will see PS3 rapidly close the gap on the 360 in NA region. I would not be surprised if PS3 was in front of 360 in total hardware sales by end of the year.

Around the Network
obieslut said:
determine no.
healthy contribution yes.

exactly

no single game can determine future of a console,,,Hell halo 3  even couldn't do it .

it will certainly contribute but it will not determine anything 

hahahaha no!!

If MGS4 flops then theres still:

- Gran Turismo 5, Resitance 2, Getaway, Final Fantasy 13 and SOCOM Confrontation which are proven series where they've always sold million(s) and should sell millions now.

- Theres New IP's such as Little Big Planet, White Knight Chronicles, The Agency, Dark Mist, Afrika, DC Universe, Eight Days, Infamous, LA Noire, which all could go either way. Success or failure, who knows?

- Then theres games like Killzone 2 which will depend a lot on its ratings and advertising to make it succeed.

Metal gear Solid 4 will definitely help the ps3. If that and all the other big ones turn out to be fantastic then ps3 definitely has a shot

MGS4 will help the PS3, but it will not generate momentum. Generally because Sony and many other third parties are not releasing wealth of games on the PS3 like they should.

And seeing as how when multi-platform games get released. We see that the 360 version of the game always sell better than the PS3 version. It's been proven already.

So I see this will not help the PS3 in a long run. But it will generate something during MGS4 opening week and after effect :)

coolestguyever said:
hahahaha no!!

If MGS4 flops then theres still:

- Gran Turismo 5, Resitance 2, Getaway, Final Fantasy 13 and SOCOM Confrontation which are proven series where they've always sold million(s) and should sell millions now.

- Theres New IP's such as Little Big Planet, White Knight Chronicles, The Agency, Dark Mist, Afrika, DC Universe, Eight Days, Infamous, LA Noire, which all could go either way. Success or failure, who knows?

- Then theres games like Killzone 2 which will depend a lot on its ratings and advertising to make it succeed.

lol if MGS4 flops....lol

but just like everyone else is saying it will be a nice contribution to the ps3 library...but it needs more high calibur *EXCLUSIVE* games and a nice price drop to win america over...