By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

DMeisterJ said:
How is Ubisoft using Wii titles to fund PS360 titles?

Is there a link to a story that confirms that, or is it speculation.

Last I checked, Assassin's Creed sold 7 million units, I think that more than funded itself, and the Splinter Cell series has always sold well, so how is the Wii funding PS360 projects?

Which one is more likely:

1- They use profit from the Wii to fund their business, including PS360 projects

2- They throw the profit from Wii's projects in the trash.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Around the Network

The only good game they ever made was Rayman, sure Dogz isn't as good as Assassin's Creed, but being good as AC isn't much of an achievement to begin with.

Bet - "PES 2009 (PS3) will sell (closer to) 150k first week in Japan" - Pooperscopper
"It will sell closer to 125k" - Me I agree.
ME = OWNED :(

End of '09 Predictions:

Wii: 78 million
X360: 35 million
PS3: 27 million

How many third party games have been big budget for the Wii? Not a hude amount, so all this anger at Ubisoft just because they said they would give you Nintendo quality games, and now they have not? That is not something to boycott the company about.
Anyway, if they are only making casual games, then why do you care? You would not buy them anyway

.:Dark Prince:. said:
@Okey

We're pathetic? Why? Because we DEMAND what we were promised? Where are the Nintendo-like quality titles? Or actually where are the quality titles?

Ubisoft's way of thinking, that only their casual games sell, is flawed. Of course casual games will sell if that's all you're giving to the platform!

I am truly disappointed at them, using the Wii/DS titles to fund PS360 titles is just pathetic.

Oh and by the way, were you here during the viral marketer thingie?

Hey, that's how they want to run their business, I don't care. And Ubisoft are far from the only devs who treat the Wii this way.

What viral marketing thingie?

NJ5 said:
DMeisterJ said:

Last I checked, Assassin's Creed sold 7 million units, I think that more than funded itself, and the Splinter Cell series has always sold well, so how is the Wii funding PS360 projects?

1- They use profit from the Wii to fund their business, including PS360 projects

2- They throw the profit from Wii's projects in the trash.

I'm not saying that they throw away their profits.

I'm saying that they make money off of the PS360 also.  

1- Assasin's Creed (and Tom Clancy games) actually lost them hundreds of millions of dollars, but the casual Wii games helped them make a profit.

2- Assassin's Creed(and Tom Clancy games) make profit.

Around the Network
DMeisterJ said:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25880321

http://nintendopulse.com/?p=13

Enjoy.

@Okey

Exactly, that how they want to run their business, and that's why i will not help them make this strategy successful. I will though buy any quality Wii game they develop (if they ever decide to) 'cause not doing so would only give them more reason to not put effort in their Wii projects.

lol, once I buy No More Heros, then I'll boycott it. =P

.:Dark Prince:. said:
DMeisterJ said:

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/forums/show_msgs.php?topic_id=25880321

http://nintendopulse.com/?p=13 

Enjoy. 

Good for them.

Spend money on the important games and systems.

Well yeah this thread only shows that you guys are childisch like devs are saying about the Wii owners :).

Edit: Never mind i don't want to be rude.

It might be good for them, but it's bad for me. Therefore i will not support it.