By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Put: 'Boycot Ubisoft' in your sig!

@ sc94597 )

yes, that was childish aswell, but that doesn't mean you guys have to act just as childish

Around the Network
Lafiel said:
@ NJ5 )

but Ubi still are supporting the console with the games they think are the best suited for the people that bought it - to try to force the publisher to bring games to the console, which (in the publishers view atleast) won't sell well, is childish

they are a business, not a welfare-organization

if they made a bad buiseness decision with this, then they will feel it early enough

They're mostly dumping shovelware on the Wii, and using the profits to fund expensive HD games. What's the problem of disagreeing with that strategy and putting our money where our mouth is?

No one is saying they can't do this... They're a business, they're free to do whatever they want. Similarly, we the customers are free to do whatever we want, in this case boycotting their games. On the other hand, you are free to disagree, but don't make it seem like this is some outlandish behavior.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Done.

SpartanFX said:
this is rather childish,,,and it will not have any effect what so ever.cause you guys are not the ones buying babieZ titles,,,they are the girls/moms who buy these kinda games and will not care for the publisher of the game.heck even I don't care who the publisher of a game is when i m buying a game.

just accept it ,,,,,shovelware sells on the wii and publishers are there to make money.

You have a point. How are we gonna boycott for only releasing casual, craptastic titles since we weren't gonna buy them in the first place?

And why would casual gamers boycott a developer that creates games of their liking?

Hmmm... 

sc94597 said:
SpartanFX said:
this is rather childish,,,and it will not have any effect what so ever.cause you guys are not the ones buying babieZ titles,,,they are the girls/moms who buy these kinda games and will not care for the publisher of the game.heck even I don't care who the publisher of a game is when i m buying a game.

just accept it ,,,,,shovelware sells on the wii and publishers are there to make money.

So it wasn't childish when ps3 fans were angry at capcom for not having dmc4 as an exclusive? Or what about when capcom ported Lost Planet Crapily? I would say that was worse because at least capcom tried and made a great game for the ps3 and 360.

thanks for making my point,,,did it have any effect what so ever in the PS3 case?NO

DMC became multiplat,,I m just saying save your energy for something that will pay off and learn from others,,,,PS3 owners raped capcom's forums for a long time,,,,nothing changed.

@Neos ,,don't respond to it if you are not intrested 

Around the Network
SpartanFX said:
sc94597 said:
SpartanFX said:

So it wasn't childish when ps3 fans were angry at capcom for not having dmc4 as an exclusive? Or what about when capcom ported Lost Planet Crapily? I would say that was worse because at least capcom tried and made a great game for the ps3 and 360.

thanks for making my point,,,did it have any effect what so ever in the PS3 case?NO

DMC became multiplat,,I m just saying save your energy for something that will pay off and learn from others,,,,PS3 owners raped capcom's forums for a long time,,,,nothing changed.

@Neos ,,don't respond to it if you are not intrested 

Well that is because theywould have lost money instead of gaining it. This is a different situation where they could gain more money.Oh and I don't think 1 out of every 128 people buying the dogz game is alot. It sold 200k btw. 

Edit: Oh and that won't hurt capcoms rep. This does. Did you see the ubisoft forums?

.:Dark Prince:. said:
SpartanFX said:

You have a point. How are we gonna boycott for only releasing casual, craptastic titles since we weren't gonna buy them in the first place?

And why would casual gamers boycott a developer that creates games of their liking?

Hmmm...

They also make some fun (but not great) titles, which are usually very cheap to develop. The only Ubisoft Wii game I own is RRR, which is fun but nothing special. Boycotting them means not even buying these little fun peanuts they throw at the Wii, or in my case not even buying their 360/PC games until they stop this retarded behavior.

See, it is possible to boycott them consistently and with some logic.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

Boycotts are a personal thing, it doesn't matter if it has an effect or not. Everyone can choose what they buy.

@ NJ5 )

as I said, if the strategy is a bad one and the decision wrong, then they will have to change course anyway - creating a movement among hardcores (which aren't their target-customers on the wii ), spamming them with millions of hatemails and poisoning the atmosphere of their forums won't do anything, but make the people that are in involved in it look braindead

Smart let the gamers who usually dont buy crappy games boycott the good games they usually buy so that Ubisoft thinks that all the Wii owners want is crappy games.