By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - I just want to clear something up.

MontanaHatchet said:
Exactly, Ubisoft is making new Rayman Raving Rabbids and Petz games on the Wii. They know what sells. It's a lot easier and most likely cheaper to make a Petz game than a game like No More Heroes. And since it's definitely faster, than can get more profit faster, allowing them to keep their quarterly revenues up. As for Red Steel, I don't know how well a sequel would sell. I think a lot of its sales had to do with it being the only other shooter at the Wii launch besides Call of Duty 3 (a series Wii owners aren't accustomed to). And Red Steel had far more advertising.

Ubisoft has a strategy and it's very unlikely they will change it.

No, no, no! You don't know Wii owners aren't familiar with FPS. If you mean casual gamers, that would be ANY game genre.

As for the strategy, f*** them. You do not just treat a bestselling system like that. 

A flashy-first game is awesome when it comes out. A great-first game is awesome forever.

Plus, just for the hell of it: Kelly Brook at the 2008 BAFTAs

Around the Network
sc94597 said:
windbane said:
RRR2 versus No More Heroes is about all that needs to be said.

Yeah, but RRR had alot of advertisement while no more heroes didn't. And compared to other games developed by grasshoper which sold 1,500 copies in the first week on the ps2 no more heroes is a sucess.

Yeah, in Japan. And that's completely unrelated. Besides, Ubisoft said that they wanted to focus more on casual DEVELOPMENT, didn't they? ? No More Heroes is only published by Ubisoft in one region, and that's America. Only one, I remind you.

Whereas games like Petz and Rayman Raving Rabbids are actually developed by Ubisoft, giving them a far greater share of the profit, even if they have to take up the menial development cost.

So, No More Heroes sold 200k in America, where Ubisoft publishes it. Petz Dogz sells 260k worldwide, and is published by Ubisoft in all regions. And developed by Ubisoft too. So, the winner is? 

LordTheNightKnight said:
MontanaHatchet said:
Exactly, Ubisoft is making new Rayman Raving Rabbids and Petz games on the Wii. They know what sells. It's a lot easier and most likely cheaper to make a Petz game than a game like No More Heroes. And since it's definitely faster, than can get more profit faster, allowing them to keep their quarterly revenues up. As for Red Steel, I don't know how well a sequel would sell. I think a lot of its sales had to do with it being the only other shooter at the Wii launch besides Call of Duty 3 (a series Wii owners aren't accustomed to). And Red Steel had far more advertising.

Ubisoft has a strategy and it's very unlikely they will change it.

No, no, no! You don't know Wii owners aren't familiar with FPS. If you mean casual gamers, that would be ANY game genre.

As for the strategy, f*** them. You do not just treat a bestselling system like that.

Generally I'd say that given the sales of Call of Duty on any Nintendo platform (including the Wii) that Wii owners are not accustomed to it. The Wii version of Call of Duty 3 got outsold by the PS3 version (and let's face it, the Wii was kicking the PS3's ass even greater than it is now). Frankly, no one should have bought any of the versions, but what can you do.

And as for their strategy, whatcha gonna do? It's a terrible decision of theirs. 

Ah people are mistaking the point of this thread. It's just a response to some PS360 owners who are blaming wii owners for Ubisofts support, because the wii owners are supposedly buying these games, when the games didn't even sell that much. I just wanted to point out that most of the user base ignores the games and they are wrong to say that it's the fault of the wii owners.

sc94597 said:
Ah people are mistaking the point of this thread. It's just a response to some PS360 owners who are blaming wii owners for Ubisofts support, because the wii owners are supposedly buying these games, when the games didn't even sell that much. I just wanted to point out that most of the user base ignores the games and they are wrong to say that it's the fault of the wii owners.

Nothing is Wii owners' "fault." The only crime being done is mediocre games being bought. Most of the userbase ignores the games, but they still make a good profit. So if that were a crime, than Wii owners are at fault. If we're talking about 2 or more Wii owners here, than it's "Wii Owners."

A decent chunk of the userbase bought these games, and now Ubisoft are making sequels for them. So yes, it's the userbase's fault. 

Around the Network
MontanaHatchet said:
sc94597 said:

Nothing is Wii owners' "fault." The only crime being done is mediocre games being bought. Most of the userbase ignores the games, but they still make a good profit. So if that were a crime, than Wii owners are at fault. If we're talking about 2 or more Wii owners here, than it's "Wii Owners."

A decent chunk of the userbase bought these games, and now Ubisoft are making sequels for them. So yes, it's the userbase's fault. 

But other games sell more and they don't make games similar to these other than the sequels? Btw 1 out of every 128 wii owners bought petz. I don't think that is a decent chunk. Would it be worth their reputation to make these games too?

@Montana: But the other, and larger chunk of the userbase was willing to buy decent playable games, and I bet my ass, that the majority of people who bought those crappy games, aren't going to buy a sequel. They've learnt the lesson, which was Ubisoft games are TERRIBLE so far for the Wii.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@Montana: But the other, and larger chunk of the userbase was willing to buy decent playable games, and I bet my ass, that the majority of people who bought those crappy games, aren't going to buy a sequel. They've learnt the lesson, which was Ubisoft games are TERRIBLE so far for the Wii.

The Wii owners who bought those games set their standards very low. So long as it appeals to them, I'm sure they enjoyed it. Imagine: Babies was awful (at least according to reviews) and yet it and the other games in the series sell very well.

what great games does Ubisoft make to begin with, As a ps3 fan, i could care less for them.

Next Gen 

11/20/09 04:25 makingmusic476 Warning Other (Your avatar is borderline NSFW. Please keep it for as long as possible.)
psrock said:
what great games does Ubisoft make to begin with, As a ps3 fan, i could care less for them.

Well a lot liked Assasins Creed. And the Tom Clancy has a huge fanbase and I am not sure if it is from them but Hawk looks good..And then I forget games as Prince of Percia and BG&E.