By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Florida Attorney General goes after the Wii leaves the PS2 and PSP alone!

Well as Nintendo fans have been saying all along, the Wii is going after the casual gamers, people who would normally play games. At the same time it is also appealing to kids. The idea is if a kid got his hands on this game, because the Wii simulates movement, it makes the killing seem more realistic as it were, so the reason he's leaving other console alone is totally understandable.

One person's experience or opinion never shows the general consensus

PSN ID: Tispower

MSN: tispower1@hotmail.co.uk

Around the Network

This is just a political type of move. I would bet $$$ that that florida AG wants a political career someday.

It should be obvious to anybody that this type of controversial attention given to any game, has only made them much more popular than they would have been regardless.

Secondly, this is kind of violent, but that doesn't really matter. Gamers tend to come from wealthier households, not the ghetto, and accordingly, should commit far fewer crimes than average. Most gamers just like to chill on the couch and play video games, not go around and do aggressive stuff. Jeeze. He should be out there trying to go against the real problems of society, such as meth, murder, etc, not some game.

Hey, I live in Florida. You can't hold the rest of the state responsible for the acts of a few lawyers who have too much time on their hands. Also I resent the retirement home BS. Do you like stereotyping the population of an entire state. Believe me their ain't as many old folks here as the average comedian would have you believe.

Don't videogames have a ratings system called the ESRB? Why is there an ESRB when they are going to try to ban games anyways? Makes no sense.

I hate lawyers, all they do is waste tax payer dollars. It's not free publicity, US tax payers pay for their BS. Everytime they take this BS to court, Americans pay.

Manhunt 2 is a public nuisance? To who? It's not even out yet. These guys are ridiculous, they are lawyers but they don't even know the First Amendment of the US Constitution.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

To believe that a video game is a murder simulation is ludicrous. If there's one thing we've been taught throughout our younger years, in school, all sorts of movies and shows... its that we've developed deadly weapons for years. Guns are the biggest tools of self destruction we've got here in the US, and they are what makes violence such an easy, 'realistic' scenario here. Who's going to be foolish enough to 'train' with wiggling around a controller to practice killing, when they'd probably start shooting a real gun.

Around the Network

It's just another in a long series of fear-mongering crusades against that awful newfangled music/dancing/literature/entertainment/drug/position all you young people seem to be into nowadays.

But the reaction is not unanticipated. Even people (like me) who think Manhunt 2 is going to be a very unique and worthwhile experience on the Wii are bound to be a little queasy. Something about the idea that we might actually feel like we're killing people and ENJOYING it.

Escherichia said:
Hey, I live in Florida. You can't hold the rest of the state responsible for the acts of a few lawyers who have too much time on their hands. Also I resent the retirement home BS. Do you like stereotyping the population of an entire state. Believe me their ain't as many old folks here as the average comedian would have you believe.

First of all how many people agree with me that nationwide......Florida is known as the Retirement area. I have relatives that have retired there. It doesnt mean there isnt anyone living there age infant to 50+. sure it if fun for the beaches and Miami nightlife, hell even the food at the southern tip.

You can resent the whole retirement BS as you put it, that is your right and if you feel attacked by me than you obviously are not reading between the lines. I am very neutral, and do not want to start anything with anyone.

Bottolm line, FACT, Attorneys have been complaining about games (from Florida) since the ninties! As far as stereotyping, We have had another thread on stereo typing. It was one involving Canadians saying "eh" and australians saying "mate"

Is that really stereotyping, considering retiree's want to and live there??

California is known for bad drivers, We call them California drivers, does that mean all are , certainly not, just a label not stereotype. ....this is where someone comes in and says....but labeling is a stereotype, the conversation can be repetitive if you want.  If you disagree with me, that Florida is known for retiring keep firing back at me then.

you should be honored your state is labeled that way. It is so nice that people save up to retire there, calm down a lil. Peace!

It's just grandstanding. Move along people, move along.

dpmnymkrprez said:

California is known for bad drivers, We call them California drivers, does that mean all are , certainly not, just a label not stereotype.

You mean HARDCORE drivers!!! All the other states are for casuals.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

I thought Jack Thompson wasn't allowed to harrass Rockstar any longer. Isn't he breaking the agreement that the two parties have reached with his participation in this?