By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Florida Attorney General goes after the Wii leaves the PS2 and PSP alone!

shams said:
All I'm gonna say, is that this is GREAT news for Nintendo. If the government try to ban the game, it will make HUGE headlines, will fail - and everyone will rush out to buy it.

Very true, i betcha that while it is on the news, it will be interuppted by

Florida Orange Juice Commercials, now with added calcium for old bones!

Around the Network

"Florida retailers are scheduled to sell a very violent video game called Manhunt 2 which will be available, remarkably, for "play" on the kids-friendly Nintendo Wii gaming platform"

So much for this damaging Nintendos family image and ruining their console sales. Hacking slashing blood guts and such and the media still isnt going to attack Nintendo directly lol. Nintendo will sit pretty and Rockstar will soak up all of the free press.

As long as the leave those hot ass latina hookers down on South Beach alone I don't care what else happens in Florida.....

But you would think these dumbasses would eventually give up, but whether they win or lose, big publicity like this is the only way they can drum up donations the way they like.

EDIT: this same sh!t happened while the 1st Manhunt was revving up as well, it sure worked that time, huh?

I'll probably have to check out the PS2 version, I really liked the 1st one.

vizunary said:

As long as the leave those hot ass latina hookers down on South Beach alone I don't care what else happens in Florida.....

But you would think these dumbasses would eventually give up, but whether they win or lose, big publicity like this is the only way they can drum up donations the way they like.

EDIT: this same sh!t happened while the 1st Manhunt was revving up as well, it sure worked that time, huh?

I'll probably have to check out the PS2 version, I really liked the 1st one.

I didnt know they made a stink on the 1st one, lets recap attorneys in general have criticized, Mortal Kombat, Doom, Manhunt, GTA anything else i am leaving out, i think a tonbut anyone?

dallas said:
This is just a political type of move. I would bet $$$ that that florida AG wants a political career someday.

Of course it's a political move. He's a politician.  McCollum is a former congressman and the current attorney general, which means he already has a lengthy political career.  IIRC he wanted to run for Senate but lost in the primary to Katherine Harris (who then lost in the general election by a landslide).

And I agree with those who point out rightly that the free publicity will result in increased sales of the game as people will want to find out what the hubub is about.  Honestly, people like Thompson are either complete and utter idiots for calling attention to something they want ignored or just desperate for attention, or both. 

In Memoriam RVW Jr.

SSBB Friend Code = 5455-9050-8670 (PM me if you add so I can add you!) 

Tetris Party Friend Code = 116129046416 (ditto)

Around the Network

I wonder what these clowns would do if a Playboy type game gets made on the Wii utalizing the motion controller ;-p

marc said:
I wonder what these clowns would do if a Playboy type game gets made on the Wii utalizing the motion controller ;-p

They'd get a Wii.

Wii Code 8761-5941-4718-0078 

mancandy said:
marc said:

They'd get a Wii.

LOL...

For some reason, I just had a mental image of "Bill Clinton: the videogame" ... you can guess the rest :)

Gesta Non Verba

Nocturnal is helping companies get cheaper game ratings in Australia:

Game Assessment website

Wii code: 2263 4706 2910 1099

dpmnymkrprez said:

This is what good ole Bill McCollum looks like,

That dude seriously almost looks like this dude,

The polygamist from Utah.

Kwaad said:
well as many of the nintendo guys have said, the Wiimotes simulate realism. When it is a mario game, that is great and fine. But when you simulate, torture, murder, killing, and other assorted things like that... with you having to go through the motions to do it, it really does come close to a training program to teach someone to murder people. I dont think the controls on the Wii are near good enough to be that, I think they suck and are too useless to be considered a training program, a simulator, or anything like that. But it seems most people think they simulate your hands in every motion that you do, so that would refer to the fact that most peole think that is a murder sim. That's funny. I hope he gets counter-sued.

Lol, i like the fact that in a non biased thread you had to go and post an anti-wii statement like that which had nothing to do with anything that the article is about just in order to get the point that your 'anti-wii'

Games i'm currently playing: