By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When did you learn you were a Video Game Geek?

Recently, I was watching the movie "Jarhead" with my girlfriend. There was a point in the movie where the characters were discussing the Nes classic, Metroid. One character made the comment: "You know what happens when you get to the ninth level, right? Nothing. It just starts over." WHAT! BLASPHEMY! There is no ninth level! There's just ONE BIG LEVEL! And the game doesn't just start over. IT ENDS. That one movie scene sent me on a rant about video game misrepresentation by mainstream media. By the time I was done, my girlfriend (the 19 year old version for those of you who kept track) was horrified. At that moment, I knew. No matter how much I try to hide it, I am and always will be: Tim Lewis -Gaming Nerd. Sooooo......when did you learn that you cared a little too much about video games?

Around the Network

Well my first word was sega, does that count?

I'm no video game geek. I am not comparing things in a movie, or just normal things in real life to videogames.

I know some real WoW addicts. When we watch a movie, and they see the word 'rogue' or something, they always say things like 'hey, rogue! that's a class in WoW!'

MK7!! 3DS friend code: 0688 - 5579 - 0994

Also playing DotA2 beta!

When i traded in my first ever mobile phone for.....a copy of Metal Gear Solid (back in 2000- i was 13)

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

A long time ago! ^_^ videogames FTW!

Around the Network

I'm not a geek, you geek.

Nintendo still doomed?
Feel free to add me on 3DS or Switch! (PM me if you do ^-^)
Nintendo ID: Mako91                  3DS code: 4167-4543-6089

On my first date with my Ex Fiance, I bought MGS 1. On my first date with another girl, I bought Gran Turismo. In school, I "wowed" the cool kids with my knowledge of all the games Mario was in (Punch Out, Tennis, Wrecking Crew, etc.). I once wore a Power Glove to school. Yep. I was doomed from the start.

I just am, video games, are part of my everyday life.

Geez...thats extreme! ^^

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

when I post in a video game forum JK, I ain't no geek :)