By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - General Discussion - When did you learn you were a Video Game Geek?

MrKillerbees said:
I know some real WoW addicts. When we watch a movie, and they see the word 'rogue' or something, they always say things like 'hey, rogue! that's a class in WoW!'

Me and both my roommates play WoW. You really don't want to know how many times we relate something to WoW. Trying to cut back on my game time, but I know I still totally a geek.

"You know you're an avid WoW gamer when WoW starts to interfere with your life. You know you're a WoW adict when life starts interfering with your WoW."

Around the Network

Well I never thought of myself as a videogame geek until one day I went to my local gamestop to look at some Ps2 games and had a LENGTHY conversation with the clerk about the SOCOM series, when I walked out I was like 'holy shit did I just spend 45minutes talking to a gamestop clerk'. I felt terrible, I think I was going through the denial faze but now I have accepted who I am....a gamer =)

VGCHARTZ PRESENTS:

BI-WEEKLY LEAGUE
All VGCharterz welcome!!!
PSN: Al_Kickurass, Official Warhawk League Thread!!!-> http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=21937

I remember the tape of the wife of one soldier...

On topic, I don't know, when I start to play starcraft a lot...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
d21lewis said:
By the time I was done, my girlfriend (the 19 year old version for those of you who kept track) was horrified. At that moment, I knew. No matter how much I try to hide it, I am and always will be: Tim Lewis -Gaming Nerd.

Pure gold!

Anyways, I'm not sure. I started gaming in the tabletop era. I knew I was a "gaming nerd" when I made the mistake of explaining in geometry class the reason I knew what a icosahedron and dodecahedron were. Being on the chess team in Jr. High School was probably a good indicator of something. Spending months in the mid 80's rewriting a chess program (from BASIC to Pascal) was a good indicator of something else.

d21lewis - Gaming Nerd.

d21lewis said:
 wore a Power Glove to school

/hero

I love Video Games but wouldn't have the guts to do that.

Around the Network

we are not nerds we are special

The only thing that really defines me as a videogame nerd is visiting this site.

I mean I have a pretty good general knowledge of video games but I have a pretty good general knowledge of a lot of obscure things (states of matter anyone?) so thats nothing special. I don't own many consoles, I don't spend much time playing games, I have never done anything spectacularly nerdy as far as games go.

I suppose if anything it would be the time I programmed a basic blackjack game on qbasic for the hell of it. Strangely enough I'm now programming a connect 4 game for University. Its circular really.

d21lewis said:
Recently, I was watching the movie "Jarhead" with my girlfriend. There was a point in the movie where the characters were discussing the Nes classic, Metroid. One character made the comment: "You know what happens when you get to the ninth level, right? Nothing. It just starts over." WHAT! BLASPHEMY! There is no ninth level! There's just ONE BIG LEVEL! And the game doesn't just start over. IT ENDS. That one movie scene sent me on a rant about video game misrepresentation by mainstream media. By the time I was done, my girlfriend (the 19 year old version for those of you who kept track) was horrified. At that moment, I knew. No matter how much I try to hide it, I am and always will be: Tim Lewis -Gaming Nerd. Sooooo......when did you learn that you cared a little too much about video games?

You'd better hope the older version doesn't randomly google your name and find this site!

I can pinpoint the moment very well. I was 14 and started to tell stories about what happened to me in videogames. What happened while playing Goldeneye or Mario64.
It was kind of like a "you should have been there" type of story and since then I knew I was THAT GUY

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

I'm no video game nurd. Video game G more like it, son!! >:^U