By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 5/19 - 5/25

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
@DMeisterJ: You sure don't understand whats going on with MHP2G. The game is starting to slow down on sales, while Wii Fit's even rose. Yes the difference is 14k, but the difference this week was of 15k, so that means that next week Wii Fit = MHP2G if the sales remain the same.

If MH passes WiiFit it will be for 1-2 weeks, then it will never happen again...
Wii Fit will at least sell 2 million more units than MH in Japan at the end of this gen.

Well, obviously it dropped.

It can't sell 800 thousand units every week.

Or ever again, to be precise, unless they release a Pearl version or something.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
TWRoO said:
RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Mario Kart Wii is doing good in Japan.

But MHP2G is doing better

It doesn't matter what MHP2G is doing. I am observing Mario Kart Wii, because I hope that it becomes the best selling game of 2008 worldwide.

EDIT: Hm, VGC users don't seem to be confident in Mario Kart Wii.

I can't believe how silly that turned out. GTA (PS3) and MGS have absolutely no chance, GTA (360) is already being passed by MKWii. I think it is pretty obviously going to be: Wii Fit >> MKWii > SSBB >> GTAIV(360) >>>>> GTAIV (PS3) >>>> MGS4 There is a little room for debate of course, but it's laughable that so many people think MGS4 will sell more than those other titles. (At best it might = GTAIV (PS3) but I really doubt it) And Wii Fit could be debatable too, as it will depend on how mang Nintendo can make.

we'll have to see if MKWii will outsell SSBB

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
@DMeisterJ: I dont think so, 200k units monthly for Japan wont be a big hit to the rest, if they stop supplying boards in Japan, people will get really upset, because people may have been looking for one since launch as I've heard it's still sold out in some shops.

Erm...

You've heard incorrectly.

Oh, Mr. Know it all, did I really hear incorrectly??

"It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too."

Quoting smbu2000, who happens to live in Japan and can confirm it.

Here boy, link: http://vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=28089

Time to eat your words again. 

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:
@DMeisterJ: I dont think so, 200k units monthly for Japan wont be a big hit to the rest, if they stop supplying boards in Japan, people will get really upset, because people may have been looking for one since launch as I've heard it's still sold out in some shops.

Erm...

"It's because he's a big Sony fanboy and he is trying to downplay just how great Wii Fit will sell.(once Nintendo gets more stock!)

Oh and I've seen several stores out of stock of Wii Fit here where I live in Japan, too."

Yup, that's what I said and it's true. I just checked again like two days ago and it was out of stock at two of the biggest stores in the city I live in (4th biggest city in Japan), one of those stores is where I picked up my copy of Wii Fit (last one they had at that time). It was also out of stock at another 2 smaller stores that I checked in. I did see it in stock at one smaller videogame/movie rental place near my place that I saw though. (I'm looking for a DS Lite for my gf's bday present, which is why I'm checking out all of these stores in case you were wondering) So take my anecdotal evidence as you will, but I'm guessing that some of the supply(balance boards) for Japan have been re-allocated to NA/Europe for those launches.

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

trestres said:
DMeisterJ said:
trestres said:

Erm...

Eat my words?

I never said that it wasn't selling, or that it wasn't hard to find.

All I said was "you've heard incorrectly".

But maybe I should elaborate, since you don't understand things sometimes (it's okay)

Wii Fit was/is hard to find/sold out because of the European and American launches, not because demand is rising or anything like that.  In a few weeks, when supply is straightened out in America/Europe, and Japan receives bigger regular shipments, don't expect sales to double or triple or anything like that.  

So there you go Mr. Know it all

Oh, and trust me, Wii Fit will sell great, I actually voted in the poll that it'd sell the best this year.  I may be a fanboy, but I'm not delusional.  I personally believe Wii Fit can sell 15-20 million before the end of the year.  For some reason, you think that I'm like you, where I don't wish success on competition, but I do.  I hope Nintendo does well, and they are, and there's nothing that I can do about that, except sit back, and watch it happen.  But you'd rather hate on a console at any given chance, when I've given Nintendo props for things that they've done, because they deserve it.  So don't say that I'm trying to downplay Wii Fit and what it'll sell, cause it couldn't be further from the truth.