By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Media Create Numbers: 5/19 - 5/25

@DMJ: It is still dropping, Wii Fit sales are stable on the 35 - 40k range. And have been like this for months.
MHP sales have been decreasing week over week. Game was more front loaded, Wii Fit has the best legs so far.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

Around the Network
trestres said:
@DMJ: It is still dropping, Wii Fit sales are stable on the 35 - 40k range. And have been like this for months.
MHP sales have been decreasing week over week. Game was more front loaded, Wii Fit has the best legs so far.

It's obvious you don't know much about Monster Hunter Freedom sales in Japan.

Monster Hunter Porable 2nd was still charting in the top fifty after Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G came out.  

Now I don't know if 52 weeks is long enough to justify legs, but I'll let you be the judge of that.

Also, Monster Hunter Freedom 2nd G hasn't stabilized yet, it's only been out nine weeks, and looking at past trends, it should stabilize somewhere around where Wii Fit has stabilized at, so if it does pass it, it will be for a long while, at least until Monster Hunter Portable 3rd comes out

@ Rol

Highest selling worldwide?

Moreso than GTA IV or Wii Fit?

@DMeisterJ: That's being delusional, you think that MHP2G will sell 35k units 6 months after it's release, you seriously need professional help.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

trestres said:
@DMeisterJ: That's being delusional, you think that MHP2G will sell 35k units 6 months after it's release, you seriously need professional help.

Erm...

*looks over post*

Have I ever said MHP2G would sell that amount for that period of time?

@ Rol

Well, "Wii can do anything", so I guess Wii'll see

trestres said:

But we should also keep in mind that Nintendo might start to produce more balance boards for the US and Europe, thus leaving less units in the shelves for Japan.

The Doctor will see you now  Promoting Lesbianism -->

Around the Network

@ Trestres

What you have to understand is that Wii Fit just came out in America and Europe. Demand is high in those two markets, so Nintendo (if they're smart) will be allocating units to those two places, rather than Japan, where A) Demand has subsided, and B) it is easy to find.

They will send more units to America, and Europe where demand is crazy for the system, instead of sending units to a market that has ample supply.

@DMeisterJ: I dont think so, 200k units monthly for Japan wont be a big hit to the rest, if they stop supplying boards in Japan, people will get really upset, because people may have been looking for one since launch as I've heard it's still sold out in some shops.

Bets with Conegamer:

Fullfilled Prophecies

DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS DS

*yawn*

RolStoppable said:
DMeisterJ said:
RolStoppable said:
Mario Kart Wii is doing good in Japan.

But MHP2G is doing better

It doesn't matter what MHP2G is doing. I am observing Mario Kart Wii, because I hope that it becomes the best selling game of 2008 worldwide.

EDIT: Hm, VGC users don't seem to be confident in Mario Kart Wii.

I can't believe how silly that turned out. GTA (PS3) and MGS have absolutely no chance, GTA (360) is already being passed by MKWii. I think it is pretty obviously going to be: Wii Fit >> MKWii > SSBB >> GTAIV(360) >>>>> GTAIV (PS3) >>>> MGS4 There is a little room for debate of course, but it's laughable that so many people think MGS4 will sell more than those other titles. (At best it might = GTAIV (PS3) but I really doubt it) And Wii Fit could be debatable too, as it will depend on how mang Nintendo can make.

trestres said:
@DMeisterJ: I dont think so, 200k units monthly for Japan wont be a big hit to the rest, if they stop supplying boards in Japan, people will get really upset, because people may have been looking for one since launch as I've heard it's still sold out in some shops.

Erm...

You've heard incorrectly.