By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - Eurogame give MGS4 an 8

bbsin said:
Check this out guys.
IGN UK 9.0 = Eurogamer 8/10
same reviewer, different score...

That is weird, maybe the reviewer played it for a bit more after the IGN review, and liked it less by the time of the Eurogamer review?

Around the Network

Eurogamer should close down how dare they give MGS 4 such a low score. Anything below 9.5 out of 10 for MGS 4 is blasphemy.

None of you people have played it yet. Eurogamer may be the only site that's right when I think about the ridiculous hype for GTA4.

Right, before I get on I'm gonna post this!

**EXCUSE MY FRENCH HERE**

With that out of the way...

8/10? Low score? Get your heads out of your arses you morons that's a great score. People go on these days that reviewers are biased or that they're now secretly paid for every game to get high scores or vice versa. All of you naysayers - really you're talking aload of shite.

**FRENCH EXCUSED**

MGS is a fantastic franchise but the perfect gaming experience? Come on pull the other one.

There's always got to be some kind of conspiracy hasn't there.

So is this "low" 8/10 score going to stop you people from buying the game? I certainly hope not as 8 is NOT a low score. I could understand if it pulled out a Haze/Lair 4-ish score, then you could be like WTF!!!!, but 8 is a good score, especially if its as you say and this guy isn't really into MGS games then 8 is pretty good. Is this score going to stop other people from buying the game? Probably not, I mean look at Haze's sales, despite the really poor reviews...So the question remains, why do you care so much about review scores???

starcraft: "I and every PS3 fanboy alive are waiting for Versus more than FFXIII.
Me since the games were revealed, the fanboys since E3."

Skeeuk: "playstation 3 is the ultimate in gaming acceleration"

Around the Network

NO FREAKING WAY! It must be better than an 8... right? Kojima hasn't screwed the game has he, cos I'll cry if he has..

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

EUrogamers scoring policy:

Eight can be great

Eight is that tricky "almost brilliant" category, that for fans of the genre in most cases will still warrant serious recommendation to go out and buy, while even people into other genres will probably still draw plenty of enjoyment from. You should at the very least try and play the demo, borrow it or rent it first, but bear in mind that it's not necessarily going to appeal to every person who plays it.

There may be stand out moments spoiled by badly judged difficulty spikes, or numerous other minor and niggly factors that gang up and chip off another mark.

Why not add me on msn... ish_187@hotmail.co.uk

- - - > ¤ « ~ N i n t e n d o ~ » ¤ < - - -
Games purchased since December 30th 2006:
GBA:The Legend of Zelda:The Minish Cap
DS:Lunar Knights, Pokemon Diamond, The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass ,Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare, Hotel Dusk:Room 215, Mario vs DK 2: March of the Mini's and Picross DS
PS2: Devil May Cry 3:Dante's Awakening, Shadow of the Colosuss, Sega Mega Drive Collection, XIII , Sonic Mega Collection,Fifa 08 and Fifa 09.
GC:Fight Night Round 2
Wii VC:Super Mario 64 ,Lylat Wars ,Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest, Super Castlevania IV, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Streets of Rage, Kirby's Adventure, Super Metroid, Super Mario Bros. 3, Mega Man 2Street Fighter 2 Turbo: Hyper Fighting,Wave Race 64 and Lost Winds

Wii: Sonic and the Secret Rings, Godfather:Blackhand Edition, Red Steel, Tony Hawks Downhill Jam, Eledees, Rayman Raving Rabbids, Mario Strikers Charged Football,Metroid Prime 3: Corruption, Super Mario Galaxy,House of the Dead 2 and 3 Return, Wii Fit, No More Heroes and Super Smash Bros. Brawl.

X360: Spider Man
PS3:
Resistance: Fall of Man

@Ishy

IGN gave it 9.9.....nuff said

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

It seems that nowadays, reviews are no longer something people read to see what they have to say. Information, so to say.

These days, reviews are more like an opportunity to flame reviewers if they don't agree with pre-conceived notions from people who haven't even played the game yet!

Just wait until the damn game is out, have fun playing it and then you can comment on what reviewers say.

My Mario Kart Wii friend code: 2707-1866-0957

I give Haze and Lair each a 8 out of 10 for the PS3 and they were the weakest exclusives on the PS3. 8 out of 10 is the lowest score I give any game on PS3. Most games on PS3 I give 9's or 10's.

But to give the best exclusive on PS3 a 8 out of 10 is blasphemy. I say the Eurogamer reviewer should lose his job. The n00b has only been on Eurogamer review panel for 3 months, that says it all.