By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - I blame wii fit for poor sales

Yep. I can't find it anywhere in Australia.

Current Consoles: Xbox 360 Elite, Playstation 2, Gaming Rig, Nintendo Wii, Playstation 3.

Xbox Live: Jessman_Aus - Playing: Ace Combat 6, Fifa 09

Playstation Network: Jessman_Aus - Playing: MGS4, Resistance 2

Wii Freind Code: 3513-9191-8534-3866 - Playing: SSBB

Brawl Code: 1590-6125-1250

Xfire: J3ssman - Playing: Fallout 3, Farcry 2

Jessman: Fears the Mangina

Around the Network
obieslut said:

OK Wii Fit was launched in NA this week, and many people thought the game was going to sell like 10 trillion or something.

The game has failed to reach 1 Million in NA in its first week dispite lots of marketing.

I do think this game has sold well but has sold under expectations. Looks at Ninty fanz.

And some people predicted that this game would sell over 1mil in NA first week with ease. Not going to name you but youno who you are.

Now that the results are in is anybody going to admit to being wrong and lower there predictions.

I'm going as far to say that this game will not pass ps3 or x360 ltd sales.

^Discuss people

I hate to be the one to pop your little bubble but believe it or not most people don't camp out in parking lots because frankly they don't particularly care if they have it on day one. So Wii Fit was never going to do 99% of its sales in the first 15 minutes like Halo. Despite that, if there are any left it's a well kept secret. Whatever Nintendo shipped, sold.

Now the legs thing happens. GTA IV and Halo have very short legs BECAUSE everyone that wants them, wants them on day one. It's called instant gratification and the demographic group that buy games like GTA IV is known for it.

You have to understand that not only does the customer base for Wii Fit have very different buying patterns, there is a very fundamental difference in Wii Fit. Halo 3 and GTA IV are great games and all but the number in the name by definition means they are well known old friends, not something truly original and unique. People will likely be still buying Wii Fit when GTA XVII comes out.

It's still very hard to find in Europe (Belgium/Lux) as I have only seen 3 since its launch day and that was some time ago now...

I think it is obvious that it is pretty much sold out everywhere hence the "disappointing" sales figures at the moment. We'll see if they are still disappointing in a year's time.

Elaine: I will never understand people

Jerry: They're the worst.

Yes, I'm sure Nintendo is very disappointed with how Wii Fit has sold. If it doesn't outsell the entire userbase of the competing consoles, what's the point in publishing it?

"The worst part about these reviews is they are [subjective]--and their scores often depend on how drunk you got the media at a Street Fighter event."  — Mona Hamilton, Capcom Senior VP of Marketing
*Image indefinitely borrowed from BrainBoxLtd without his consent.

Clearly the game was sold out 1st week NA, although I was under the impression at least 1m units were going to be shipped.

I was surprised to see the lower than expected numbers.

Two local Targets were out (but each had one Wii console left in the evening). Amazon has been sold out weeks prior to release and is still currently not accepting orders. Local GameStops are out as well, but since they mostly cater to pre-sale customers and only have a handful extra upon release, this comes as no surprise.

As has already been mentioned, the current sales figures may not reflect a full week's sales, so we'll see next week how the figures add up.

Around the Network
famousringo said:
Yes, I'm sure Nintendo is very disappointed with how Wii Fit has sold. If it doesn't outsell the entire userbase of the competing consoles, what's the point in publishing it?

This is right up there with some of the claims I've been reading that GTAIV for the PS3 is selling "poorly" by the straight numbers with it's near 1:3 attach rate. 

I suppose for some, until we see a 1:1 NA attach rate for Wii Fit, it's a miss.  

People who thought Wii Fit would be a front loaded game were kidding themselves. It is a new IP after all. Yeah Nintendo pushed it like crazy, but 800,000+ for a brand new game is very good. Worldwide it debuted at 1,700,000. Assassins Creed was at 820,000. Gears of War was 926,000. Wii Fit is a legs game.
I said 900,000 week one, and I thought I was stretching it.

Whoever thinks Wii Fit's first week numbers in NA are dissapointing needs to jump from the top of the empire state and fall to his death.

I see, those were fanboys, no need to worry then.

Proud poster of the 10000th reply at the Official Smash Bros Update Thread.

tag - "I wouldn't trust gamespot, even if it was a live comparison."

Bets with Conegamer:

Pandora's Tower will have an opening week of less than 37k in Japan. (Won!)
Pandora's Tower will sell less than 100k lifetime in Japan.
Stakes: 1 week of avatar control for each one.

Fullfilled Prophecies

yeah it's disappointing to you, it sells far to good.