By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video of FarCry2 running on PS3 and Xbox360

Did anybody else read the comments? I'm still amazed about how Sony fanboys think the cell is the solution to the graphical inadequacies.

OT, Far Cry 2 wow another shooter that I'm not going to buy.

Around the Network
naznatips said:
Griffin said:

I just downloaded the Quicktime video and watched it in realplayer and at the times listed i do not see any slowdown, i watched each part 20-40 times. At 20-28 seconds it maybe lower then 30FPS, but not by much. I have played PC games at 15-20 FPS and that video looks much faster. Yes there is pop-in during that scene but i did not see any during the combat parts which is what matters.

And what is screen tearing? And where is this light glitch, i watched at 27seconds and never noticed anything out of place, what should i be looking at.

Screen tearing is something that often accompanies FR issues. It's when the something on screen is in the wrong position for just an instant. This can be very slight (like this video, where a couple things are just inches out of place at times during the hang-gliding) or very noticeable. 27 seconds the light flickers over the character. It may be more like 26. It could just be bad in the engine, but it looked like a glitch to me.

Most of the issues are during that first part where he's hang gliding on the PS3 verison. The 360 I'm sure has the exact same issues, but because all you saw on the 360 version was gunfights and a lazy boat ride, all you see for it is the minor framerate drops. The problem for these consoles trying to play this game comes in the size of the world and when trying to move around in the open world sections. FJ-Warez did grab some FR Drops in the gunfights though which he kindly pointed out.

None of these issues are present at all on the PC Version videos to this point.

Um, actually there is a ton of screen tearing in these videos (PC I believe):

http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/29041/PC/Far-Cry-2
http://ve3d.ign.com/videos/play/29252/PC/Far-Cry-2 

Screen tearing occurs when only part of a new frame is rendered to the frame buffer before it gets displayed on the screen.  You get half of the screen showing one image, and the other half showing a different image.  And it happens in this video, and the two PC videos I've linked.  Of course, on the PC, you will probably be able to enable v-sync, but it usually comes at a cost of framerates.

I love V-sync. Tearing is even worse than lock-ups and playing at sub 15 FPS. I just can't stand tearing.

From my experience console games are totally free from tearing. The devs seem to put a lot of effort to make sure the engine is optimized so that it doesn't occur. In PC-shooters I get it all the time, even on low settings. Thus I love V-sync.

Far Cry 2 should be good, i hope its like the Original not the ports.

Edit: Rank in terms of what graphics will be (based on this video) 1. PC, 2. PS3, 3. 360 

V-sync is great but it definitely lowers the framerate.

I think if this game had V-sync in its current build, it would be unplayable.

I wasn't very impressed by this video, but if they can fix the framerate and screen tearing I'd be more convinced.

Either way, this is a lot like Crysis. It's possible on consoles, but there's going to be issues.

LEFT4DEAD411.COM
Bet with disolitude: Left4Dead will have a higher Metacritic rating than Project Origin, 3 months after the second game's release.  (hasn't been 3 months but it looks like I won :-p )

Around the Network

Why do the console versions have a handicapped color pallette when compared to the PC version?

DUR DUR DURRR REALITY IS BROWN DUR DUR DURRR 

i played the first far cry and did not enjoy it the gun movement was very jerky. i only stuck with it for 5 missions and gave up.
hope this one is better because i did like the game but kept getting killed because of the sloppy gun movement.
i know their was options for inverting it or something but no matter what i tried i was never comfortable with it.

Yeah, the difference between the PC and the HD consoles is beginning to show. Although it's about time, since we are 2.5 years into the generation already.

I am very impressed by the trailers of Far Cry2 on the PC, but the console version just doesn't look as good as it should. Oblivion on the PS360 looks better.

lol @ disolitudes bet on Project Origin btw.

reask said:
I played the first far cry and did not enjoy it.  The gun movement was very jerky, and I only stuck with it for 5 missions before giving up.
I hope this one is better because i did like the game but I kept getting killed due to the sloppy gun movement.
I know there are options for inverting it or something, but no matter what I tried I was never comfortable with it.
If your concept of Far Cry 1 is entirely based on the console version of the game, you should know that what you got with it is a completely different game from the PC version.  It was, in my opinion, a steaming pile of poo compared to the PC game.  Hopefully the Far Cry 2 console version will  remain more or less true to its PC counterpart when it is released.

eh, that looks like Crysis on medium settings only. I'm hoping the PC version of Far Cry will look alot better than their console counterparts.