By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Video of FarCry2 running on PS3 and Xbox360

merkh66 said:

haha this is my first post, PS3's version looked better in my opinion. I loved the original Farcry and will deffinatly buy this for PS3 when its out.

woo check out all the exclusives coming ps3's way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games 

Welcome to the site!

I hope my 360 doesn't RRoD
         "Suck my balls!" - Tag courtesy of Fkusmot

Around the Network

It looks the exact same as the PC video they were showing the other day except there is some pop-in far in the distance in this video that i never saw in the PC version.

Griffin said:
It looks the exact same as the PC video they were showing the other day except there is some pop-in far in the distance in this video that i never saw in the PC version.

Except for the pop-in, slowdown, weak 30FPS framerate, and lower resolution it looks exactly like the PC version. 

That's like saying "Except for this knife in the back of my head, I feel great!"

Overall, the game looks very nice, but like others said, there is pop-up, screen tearing, and the explosions look mediocre and aren't even real light sources (ie they don't light up the place).

Technically there is a lot wrong with the visuals, so I wouldn't say it's the prettiest console game by a longshot.

naznatips said:
Griffin said:

Except for the pop-in, slowdown, weak 30FPS framerate, and lower resolution it looks exactly like the PC version.

That's like saying "Except for this knife in the back of my head, I feel great!"

I never saw any slowdown, maybe you were watching the flash video they have of the video, it tends to fuck up compared to the other types. I'm also pretty sure the videos that they show on GT never go above 30FPS, this is from what i've read on threads and comments section on GT. And console gamers can play this on 1080p TV's so the resolution is not going to matter.

And not too many PC gamers are going to be playing it at any higher res unless they are running the next gen of graphics cards. And most PC gamers will turn down the settings to get better frames, or they will be forced to play the game like Crysis at under 30 FPS when people start to blow shit up.

Around the Network
merkh66 said:

haha this is my first post, PS3's version looked better in my opinion. I loved the original Farcry and will deffinatly buy this for PS3 when its out.

woo check out all the exclusives coming ps3's way

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_PlayStation_3_games

Why would you bring this up?

This is about Farcry 2 on PS3 and 360, not the future exclusives of PS3 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyLhpUPNPIs

360 IS OPERATIONAL AFTER 37 DAYS!

Don't be a jerk, i commented on the topic. You're probably a 360 fanboy aren't you? I didn't know how to post new threads yet but now I know.

Griffin said:
naznatips said:
Griffin said:

I never saw any slowdown, maybe you were watching the flash video they have of the video, it tends to fuck up compared to the other types. I'm also pretty sure the videos that they show on GT never go above 30FPS, this is from what i've read on threads and comments section on GT. And console gamers can play this on 1080p TV's so the resolution is not going to matter.

And not too many PC gamers are going to be playing it at any higher res unless they are running the next gen of graphics cards. And most PC gamers will turn down the settings to get better frames, or they will be forced to play the game like Crysis at under 30 FPS when people start to blow shit up.

Slow downs at 47, 1:12, 1:28 with the mov and wmv versions...

And this game probably will be sub 720p...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
FJ-Warez said:

It's also sub-30FPS at 20-28 seconds.  There is pop-in throughout that scene and a lighting glitch at 27 seconds, and some minor screen tearing throughout.

naznatips said:
FJ-Warez said:

It's also sub-30FPS at 20-28 seconds.  There is pop-in throughout that scene and a lighting glitch at 27 seconds, and some minor screen tearing throughout.

I thought pop-up was already a stablished feature lol... the light glitch looks more like a bad shadowing...

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."