By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - what if the next final fantasy is bad?

It being good likely wont have much of an effect though. Bad is the only way i can see having any real effect. Most of those getting it would get it no matter what it was.

Things just continue as is.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Around the Network

Since I don't care for JRPGs anymore, I wouldn't personally see any difference if it completely bombs or if it is a 10/10 game.

And if the game comes out bad, there won't be many naysayers here - they'll simply say that the next release due out will be the good one, the big one. Amazingly, less than 1/2 of the "this is a sure-fire AAA release" releases end up being really good standout games.

Square is conservative in so much that they aren't going to drastically change the game and bring us something completely new. This means that they're likely to maintain their current sales trends, but they're not likely to make some huge splash and change people's minds. Most people who have decided to buy FF 13 will and it won't attract the attention of many who aren't interested or don't know anything about it.

You need innovation to attract new attention to your product.  For example, Grand Theft Auto 3 was fresh and new in a lot of ways, at the time, and because of it Rockstar brought an entirely new audience to their series.  Now they're protecting it by being more conservative.

I have supreme confidence in Sony.  I think there is a bigger chance of MGS4 or Gears of War 2 or God of War 3 or the next Zelda sucking....but I'm also the world's biggest Final Fantasy Fan.

From FF7 on, I've enjoyed every single one...except FFXI which I haven't played.

PSN ID: Sorrow880

Gamertag: Sorrow80

Wii #: 8132 1076 3416 7450

I have no doubt it will be great, it is directed by the guy behind FF X, and if it is not, I will cry for at least 1 month

DragonLord said:

I have supreme confidence in Sony.  I think there is a bigger chance of MGS4 or Gears of War 2 or God of War 3 or the next Zelda sucking....but I'm also the world's biggest Final Fantasy Fan.

From FF7 on, I've enjoyed every single one...except FFXI which I haven't played.

How could you be the worlds biggest final fantasy fan if you haven't even played every main series game? And if you played FF6(III U.S) and FF4 how could you not enjoy them? 

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:

Or if the game is only decent and if the games Square makes for other systems are good?

Does it hurt Sony? How do people who bought the ps3 for it feel?

This game is the most important reason to own a PS3. If it flops:

A. It will be the first FF in history to do so, out of 11 games.

B. I, and a lot of other hardcore fanboys will die in a grove somewhere.

I think FF is one series, like Zelda, that spares no expense or amount of time on creating a perfect experience. If it is to be messed up, it would have to be at a conceptual level.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

FFXIII probably will be good since FFX was a great game

Even if the next FF is only decent, it will still get great reviews and sell well. It's FINAL FANTASY.

And I'm not wishing for that to happen. FFXIII is one of the reasons I own a PS3.

ZenfoldorVGI said:
MrBubbles said:

Or if the game is only decent and if the games Square makes for other systems are good?

Does it hurt Sony? How do people who bought the ps3 for it feel?

This game is the most important reason to own a PS3. If it flops:

A. It will be the first FF in history to do so, out of 11 games.

B. I, and a lot of other hardcore fanboys will die in a grove somewhere.

I think FF is one series, like Zelda, that spares no expense or amount of time on creating a perfect experience. If it is to be messed up, it would have to be at a conceptual level.

The extra year they have since it won't be this fiscal year should help them make it perfect

Even if it were to be bad, i dont think the game would flop. I was more talking about the future. A lot of people didnt like 12 and if a lot of people dont like the next one...

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur