By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Death JR Wii reviews.

It's not a "direct" port, looking at the blog. the graphics obviously weren't ported, but rather had quite a bit of work put into them and according to reviews are fairly impressive, also the control scheme is completely different obviously and apparently is done incredibly well, it also has 2 player split screen co-op. I don't know how the PSP version fared, or if there were further additions to the wii version but it's not just a direct port.

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Around the Network
The_vagabond7 said:
It's not a "direct" port, looking at the blog. the graphics obviously weren't ported, but rather had quite a bit of work put into them and according to reviews are fairly impressive, also the control scheme is completely different obviously and apparently is done incredibly well, it also has 2 player split screen co-op. I don't know how the PSP version fared, or if there were further additions to the wii version but it's not just a direct port.

Okay, calm down.

I asked a question.

DMeisterJ said: 

Is this a direct port of the PSP version?

Now, I never said that it was a direct port, just wanted to know if it was or wasn't. 

elgefe02 said:
mmm... this was not expected... I will rent it, to take a look at it.

same with me, I'll try it first before I buy it

DMeisterJ said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Okay, calm down.

I asked a question.

DMeisterJ said:

Now, I never said that it was a direct port, just wanted to know if it was or wasn't.

I think your getting the wrong idea here, I think he is perfectly calm, he is just explaining it to you.

The_vagabond7 said:
actually, this quote just sold me on it.

"Particularly refreshing was Louie the Llama's theme restaurant, mapped similar to a Chuck E. Cheese's with disturbing accuracy. Of course, during the three or four levels that you spend pursuing Louie through his waffle house, you are under the influence of his psychotropic waffle syrup and therefore hallucinating, but that just makes the experience all the more visually staggering. Kaleidoscopic tunnels of undulating rainbow colors and bizarre visual filters that warp both the palette and the geometry of the environment provide a distinct and welcome departure from the standard hyper-realistic visuals of next-gen games."

I am so buying this.

It's not a direct port, and wow, I'm shocked this game is being reviewed so well. It must actually be.....good.

I don't need your console war.
It feeds the rich while it buries the poor.
You're power hungry, spinnin' stories, and bein' graphics whores.
I don't need your console war.

NO NO, NO NO NO.

Around the Network
SleepWaking said:
DMeisterJ said:
The_vagabond7 said:

Okay, calm down.

I asked a question.

DMeisterJ said:

I think your getting the wrong idea here, I think he is perfectly calm, he is just explaining it to you.

Erm.

Maybe.

The quotes threw me off though, it looked kinda sarcastic to me.

But I could have read it wrong.

If so, apologies

...umm...why do I need to calm down? There was nothing threatening, angry or ranting in that post. I was just answering your question from the best of my knowledge from what I just read on IGN five minutes ago.

edit:lol, no problem. 

You can find me on facebook as Markus Van Rijn, if you friend me just mention you're from VGchartz and who you are here.

Boards seem edgy today.

On topic: Well that's a surprise. The PSP game was pretty awful. Never would have thought this would actually be good on the Wii. Definitely going to keep an eye on it.

SleepWaking said:
Tuulikk said:
SleepWaking said:
Tuulikk said:
How will the game sell? I hope it will sell good, but I don't think it will.

I think it will sell very bad, I mean noone really expected something good to come off this and now that is does seem to be good and deserving of good sales no one is going to give it the attation it deserves. Come on guys everyone wants more quality titles, but they have to sell in the first place (otherwise we wil always be stuck with babyz and shit)

Well, Ubisoft loves us Wii and DS gamers so much. I like Rabbids, but come on! I think, the more shit on the shelves, less people will notice the good titles, especially if they ain't advertised in a good way. So I guess your right. But I will still hope for something between 300 000 - 650 000 in about a year because of the big Wii install base.

I don't think it will even sell 200.000, really this title has no anticipation at all and is going under everybodys radar, andif they do see it in the shops they will think it's not that good anyway.

Yeah... I hadn't heard of this until today.  I'll put it on my list... but i'm not looking to buy new games for a while.

Tuulikk said:
How will the game sell? I hope it will sell good, but I don't think it will.

if it gets advertising it will sell good,but i dont think it will get advertised

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"