By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Street Fighter IV will be released in all HD consoles and PC except for Wii

@mise sorry about the quoting thing. Anyway, do you really think that no fighting game can be released or developed on the Wii then because of SSBB? That will be bad for the demographic that likes fighting games if thats the case...

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network

Cool, can't wait to see this game in action

Don´t matter since SF2, SF is dead.

then I guess you don't really know what you're talking about MANUELF

''Hadouken!''

It is interesting how this is getting spun.
The scroll on the bottom of Xplay on G4 noted about it not coming out on the Wii.

However, the point that is being missed right now is that there appear to be two markets -- two separate markets -- in the minds of many developers.

There is the HD market which is thought to be more "hardcore" and were more "traditional" titles are going. This includes the Xbox 360 and PS3. It also usually includes the PC.

There is the SD market which is thought to be more "casual" or "non-gamer" which is getting a mix of titles, including "non-traditional" and "experimental IPs (as well as some strange remakes and re-releases). This includes the Wii and the still-selling PS2.

Both markets are roughly equivalent in size. So unless you have a game that is going to be universal in appeal or coverage (usually sports, tie-ins, or rhythm games), it is not surprising to see it released on one type of console or another.

Whether or not this is a sound strategy is a question for another day.

Mike from Morgantown

I am Mario.

I like to jump around, and would lead a fairly serene and aimless existence if it weren't for my friends always getting into trouble. I love to help out, even when it puts me at risk. I seem to make friends with people who just can't stay out of trouble.

Wii Friend Code: 1624 6601 1126 1492

NNID: Mike_INTV

Around the Network

@mike_intellivision

You really think anyone that owns a ps360 and the Wii would buy this game on the wii instead? This isnt going to be a huge blockbuster... Street fighter fans will eat it up and will buy the best version most likely. Meaning the one with best visuals (not wii), best gameplay (definetly not wii as there isn't a single Arcade stick available) and best online play (again, not wii).

It doesn't make any sense to hire a development team and butcher the game to make it available on the wii just like there isn't any sense to make Boom Blox on the ps360.

disolitude said:
@mike_intellivision

You really think anyone that owns a ps360 and the Wii would buy this game on the wii instead? This isnt going to be a huge blockbuster... Street fighter fans will eat it up and will buy the best version most likely. Meaning the one with best visuals (not wii), best gameplay (definetly not wii as there isn't a single Arcade stick available) and best online play (again, not wii).

It doesn't make any sense to hire a development team and butcher the game to make it available on the wii just like there isn't any sense to make Boom Blox on the ps360.

But I want my blocks in 1080p HD please!

Tease.

^ Well, I would like to be able to throw shurikens and decapitate those little animals that jump around in Boom Bollocks...but I can't can I...

Hum..the article never mentioned the wii

i bet alot of wii owners have a PC. so it wont do any harm afterall