By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how come Legend of Zelda games timeline are connected in the first place?

Majora's Mask is right after Ocarina I think. And Twilight Princess is a century after Ocarina.

I'm actually not sure which timeline Majora's Mask should be in. Shouldn't it be before Wind Waker instead of before TP?

Around the Network

Links Awakening happens directly after ALttP I believe, making it one of the three direct sequels in the Zelda universe (the others being MM and PH).

The timeline screwed up when Zelda make Link into a child and another Link the adult one ceased to exist after the game :/

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

I think:

Minish Cap, Four Swords (gba), Ocarina of Time.

Young Link timeline:
Majora's Mask, Four Swords Adventures (gc), Twilight Princess, A Link to the Past, Link's Awakening, Zelda 1, Zelda2

Older Link timeline:
Wind Waker, Phantom Hourglass

Then way later is Oracle of Ages and Seasons. 1 from each timeline and they reconnect the timeline.

You should really check out The Legend of Zelda Retrospective on GameTrailers. They have a pretty subjective view of the series timeline and it's a pretty good watch if you have some free time to kill.

Here is a link to the retrospectives to anyone interested in viewing them: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5269.html

Enjoy.

Proud Owner of all 3 current-gen systems

Currently Playing:
SSBB, Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn, MKWii, GTA IV (360), MGS4, DQIV, Jeanne d'Arc, FFVII: Crisis Core, Chrono Trigger (PSX)

Mario Kart FC: 4897-6731-4375
SSBB FC: 1504-5406-8515
Wii Friends Code: 1020-2726-1535-3964

XBL:
PhatLaosBoi
PSN: PhatLaosBoi

Around the Network
Rath said:
Links Awakening happens directly after ALttP I believe, making it one of the three direct sequels in the Zelda universe (the others being MM and PH).

And Adventure of Link.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

Rath said:

what about for swords doenst that happen after alttp or it isnt connected with them at all?

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

PhatLaosBoi said:
You should really check out The Legend of Zelda Retrospective on GameTrailers. They have a pretty subjective view of the series timeline and it's a pretty good watch if you have some free time to kill.

Here is a link to the retrospectives to anyone interested in viewing them: http://www.gametrailers.com/game/5269.html

Enjoy.

The gametrailers timeline is trash. It contradicts itself and the games almost immediately.

Tag - "No trolling on my watch!"

The Ghost of RubangB said:
Majora's Mask is right after Ocarina I think. And Twilight Princess is a century after Ocarina.

I'm actually not sure which timeline Majora's Mask should be in. Shouldn't it be before Wind Waker instead of before TP?

No -  Majoras Mask is after Ocarina of Time's young link, because it is that same link (and he is still a child) in majoras mask.. and we know that in the young link timeline, ganondorf was banished to the twilight realm, this proves that twilight princess is also in young link timeline.. 

For the newer games, we are *certain* the timeline is as follows

Ocarina of Time splits it into two timelines

Young Link  ----> Majora's Mask (OoT Young Link) ----> Twilight Princess (Century later)

Adult Link -----> Windwaker (Centuries later) -----> Phantom Hourglass (WW Link)

I have no idea where the other games that i left out fit into this

brute said:
Rath said:

what about for swords doenst that happen after alttp or it isnt connected with them at all?

I'm pretty sure Four swords is more connected to the Minish Cap, maybe it came before? since Vaati is in his like, ugly form in four swords.

Er... or was that the Gamecube Four swords? and is that different that the one tacked on with Lttp?

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1