By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - how come Legend of Zelda games timeline are connected in the first place?

Tokoro said:
sc94597 said:
Nintendo already stated the games are connected. Nobody knows the actual timeline though. The only agreement between every one is the the minish cap came first.

Did they already state that? I guess I'm just out of the loop. That's why everyone tries to figure it out I suppose :3

I guess that's your answer on why yushire. Like I said, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll be interesting when they pull it all together.

They state that to excuse themselves that they screw Zelda story in Ocarina of Time. The proper timeline should be A link to the past>Zelda 1>Zelda 2 then the timeline screwed up in Ocarina of Time. 

end of core gaming days prediction:

E3 2006-The beginning of the end. Wii introduced

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

http://www.fivedoves.com/letters/march2009/ICG_Tape_runs_out.jpg

Around the Network
yushire said:
Tokoro said:
sc94597 said:
Nintendo already stated the games are connected. Nobody knows the actual timeline though. The only agreement between every one is the the minish cap came first.

Did they already state that? I guess I'm just out of the loop. That's why everyone tries to figure it out I suppose :3

I guess that's your answer on why yushire. Like I said, I probably wouldn't worry about it too much. It'll be interesting when they pull it all together.

They state that to excuse themselves that they screw Zelda story in Ocarina of Time. The proper timeline should be A link to the past>Zelda 1>Zelda 2 then the timeline screwed up in Ocarina of Time. 

Wait, shouldn't it be something like Zelda 1>Zelda 2>Zelda 3>A Link to the Past>so on and so forth?

I don't really see how OoT messed up the timeline thing, I mean sure, time travel >.> but it's only 7 years.

Edit: I read the post below me and I have to say I didn't know a Link to the Past was a prequel^^ My bad.

The Mother 3 Fan Translation is done! Everyone go get it right now! (Mother3.fobby.net)

Play Earthbound for the SNES ; ; Do it, it's awesome!

Proud participater of this year's Wii Secret Santa event! Hopefully you'll join the merriment next year!
Link below because I fail at embedding urls.

http://www.vgchartz.com/forum/thread.php?id=51169&page=1

This is from wikipedia. Just look up Legend of Zelda (series) and it is under chronology.

Chronology

The precise chronology of the Zelda universe is hotly debated among fans, although some fans do not feel the games are definitively connected. As the series progressed, and more games were released, the exact order of the games in an overall timeline became complex and heavily disputed.

The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past is a prequel to the original NES games, and the back of the game's box states that Link is an ancestor of the Link from those games. The Nintendo 64 The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time was also a prequel, going even further back and showing the origins of many things from the previous games. The Legend Of Zelda: The Wind Waker takes place hundreds of years after the events of Ocarina of Time.[2] The game explicitly references the "Hero of Time" from that game, and states that due to the hero's absence, it was necessary to flood Hyrule in order to stop Ganon. The Minish Cap, Four Swords and Four Swords Adventures reference other titles and are known to be a part of the timeline, but they follow a separate storyline, leaving their exact relationships with the other games uncertain.[3] It is not known how much time has passed in Hyrule between each of these games.

In an interview conducted by Nintendo Dream with Eiji Aonuma in December 2006, it was revealed that there are two parallel universes in the Zelda chronology. The timeline is split at the end of Ocarina of Time, when Link is sent back in time by Princess Zelda to live through his childhood, while the original events of OoT continue on a different path. Once returned to his original time, Link goes to see Zelda again, and the result of this meeting is an alternate future in which the villain Ganondorf is arrested and tried by the ancient sages, who attempt to execute him, but are instead forced to banish him to the Twilight Realm. Twilight Princess then occurs over one hundred years later, after Link's role as a child in the events of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. Meanwhile, The Wind Waker occurs in the "adult Link" timeline, hundreds of years after the Hero of Time saved Hyrule in Ocarina of Time, and it is directly followed by Phantom Hourglass.[4][5]

I'm currently working on a massive Zelda timeline project, and I can say that I truly think the games have a connected storline. Ill share it with you all once it done, but that wont be for a while, I have 30 pages of writing done, and another 150+ pages of things to research through.

O-D-C said:
I'm currently working on a massive Zelda timeline project, and I can say that I truly think the games have a connected storline. Ill share it with you all once it done, but that wont be for a while, I have 30 pages of writing done, and another 150+ pages of things to research through.

Lmao nintendo made it so complex.

Around the Network

The original trilogy:
Link to the Past > Legend of Zelda > Adventure of Link

Ocarina timeline 1:
Ocarina of Time > Majora's Mask > Twilight Princess

Ocarina timeline 2:
Ocarina of Time > Wind Waker > Phantom Hourglass

I just can't which of those timelines leads into the original trilogy.

The only game that transcends all these timelines is Link's Awakening. No Zelda, no triforce, no Ganon. Although it can't be the first, because he goes to Koholint Island after a kickass adventure, so it could be anywhere after Ocarina.

The Ghost of RubangB said:
The original trilogy:

Ocarina timeline 1:

Ocarina timeline 2:

The only game that transcends all these timelines is Link's Awakening. No Zelda, no triforce, no Ganon. Although it can't be the first, because he goes to Koholint Island after a kickass adventure, so it could be anywhere after Ocarina.
So... wheres Twilight Princess came to the picture? 

E3 2008- Armageddon. Wii motion plus introduced. Wii Music. Reggie says Animal crossing was a core game. Massive disappointment. many Wii core gamers selling their Wii.

E3 2010- Tape runs out

yushire said:
The Ghost of RubangB said:
The original trilogy:

Ocarina timeline 1:

Ocarina timeline 2:

So... wheres Twilight Princess came to the picture? 

Bolded

didnt ninty them selves say that they were connected

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

^^^

OH SORRY, never noticed it. SORRY

E3 2010- Tape runs out