By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Which succesful software publisher/develper could fall from grace?

ItsaMii said:
Konami. The only big game on the horizon is MGS 4. Their support for current gen consoles is lacking. The Wii gets all the shovelware, PS3 get a lot of praise and promises and the 360 some multi platform rhythm games. Their new Pro Evo did not do that well considering the rising production costs. There are dozens of games on the DS, but it is not enough to fund all the other projects.

Don't count Konami out just yet.

They have PES

Not to mention unannounced action and RPG projects for the Wii and PS3. 

Around the Network

I doubt Ubisoft is going anywhere, but when it comes to fall from grace, I guess you can say Square Enix. Everything is like a new Final Fantasy (with a few exceptions).

I don't really know many developers like that, but yea SE (never thought I'd say that)

Leatherhat on July 6th, 2012 3pm. Vita sales:"3 mil for COD 2 mil for AC. Maybe more. "  thehusbo on July 6th, 2012 5pm. Vita sales:"5 mil for COD 2.2 mil for AC."

TheBigFatJ said:

Windows will continue to hold 90% of the market for a long time

Windows does not own 90% now. Apple owns 14% and growing, so that leaves 86% for everything else.

You can get an apple for $499, that comes with the OS and all the iLife stuff (the software lone is worth 500 bucks). So they have a product for the low-end market. They just don't have one for the enthusiast.

Looking further own the line....Capcom lost a hell of a lot of talent when Clover Studios folded. I doubt they'll go anywhere any time soon, but going from Clvoer for RE4 to who knows for RE%....well hopefully RE5 will still be a good game, or else it would be the first marker on a long slide to irrelevancy. Actually, Street Fighter 4 might be that first marker, but we'll just have to wait and see with SF4.

It'd be funny to see Sega's resurgence kick-started with Platinum Games. Perhaps they could put more money and bettor work into their other franchises if Platinum can find the success they had at Clover.

My consoles and the fates they suffered:

Atari 7800 (Sold), Intellivision (Thrown out), Gameboy (Lost), Super Nintendo (Stolen), Super Nintendo (2nd copy) (Thrown out by mother), Nintendo 64 (Still own), Super Nintendo (3rd copy) (Still own), Wii (Sold)

A more detailed history appears on my profile.

ubisoft has been making so much money lately,the company that might go that path might be square enix,but we will see

tag:"reviews only matter for the real hardcore gamer"

Around the Network

Square-Enix. They are already having trouble. Also Rockstar. Take-Two is one more scandal away from selling them off and letting them drain away the way of Rare.

Brawl FC: 4382-1668-1880
Name:Brsch

Animal Crossing City Folk

FC: 2492-8227-9090           Town: McAwesom          Name: Gary

Add me and send me a PM with your FC!

famousringo said:
@ disolitude re: OS market

Lousy analysis countered with lousy analysis. Windows is far from dead, but Vista is cannibalizing XP installs. Not a big deal, except Linux and Mac OS are also eating XP installs. Microsoft's goose has stopped laying golden eggs, and you can bet Ballmer is sweating over it.

I disagree...thats like saying PS3 automatically had to earn all PS2 sales from day one or it was a failure. People are faced with a choice now when it comes to upgrading from XP and obviously a small portion will try the OSX. However once Vista gets to 75% share I wouldn't be surprise if they start winning back the old XP users taht went to osx.

Apple OSx just can't compete with windows at this point on a global scale due to its limited "open source" capabilities and the fact Apple machines can run windows and PC's can not run mac OSX.

Otherwise I'm gald you all are dissagreeing with my Ubisoft prediction as I'd hate t see them go. How about THQ? :)

TheRealMafoo said:

Microsoft.

Apple is gaining on their OS market by HUGE numbers. If the trend continues along the path it is, in 5 years there will be more OSX users then Windows users.

I don't know how well MS can support themselves if OS sales decline in those numbers.

nahh apple can not do that,,,,the only company that can bring MS to their knees is Google,,,right now there are rumors that says google is working on bringing their own OS for 2011.google is reay popular and they ve got some of the world's best programers.they are extremley efficient and user friendly.

OT:I think If Bungie doesn't have MS crazy ad campagin behind them,they could easily fall hard from grace 

SpartanFX said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Microsoft.

Apple is gaining on their OS market by HUGE numbers. If the trend continues along the path it is, in 5 years there will be more OSX users then Windows users.

I don't know how well MS can support themselves if OS sales decline in those numbers.

nahh apple can not do that,,,,the only company that can bring MS to their knees is Google,,,right now there are rumors that says google is working on bringing their own OS for 2011.google is reay popular and they ve got some of the world's best programers.they are extremley efficient and user friendly.

OT:I think If Bungie doesn't have MS crazy ad campagin behind them,they could easily fall hard from grace

I've been dealing with google on the daily basis ever since they bought out Doubleclick ad server last year. the bolded statement could not be any further from the truth.

disolitude said:
SpartanFX said:
TheRealMafoo said:

Microsoft.

I've been dealing with google on the daily basis ever since they bought out Doubleclick ad server last year. the bolded statement could not be any further from the truth.

Ironically, the company with the best developers in the world is Microsoft. Sadly, MS is not in the business of making great software, they are in the business of making money. The path they took with Vista to make money seems to have been less then optimum.

SpatanFX does have a good point though. Google is a huge threat. Not because of there OS, but because they are one of many companies who are pushing the industry to a platform independent world.

Once people can run any OS they want, and still use all the same applications, people will pick what they want, and not what's required. This is where MS needs to either change there direction, or fail.