By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - Haze On 360 December?

I finished this game. I can't even write a review for it right now, it was so bad. I need to let it fester in my brain for a day or two before being able to properly articulate how badly executed parts of the game were.

Brief review: avoid Haze like the plague.

Or check out my new webcomic: http://selfcentent.com/

Around the Network

haze? 360? why? theres nothing worse when a game that has yet to come out on a certain system is known that its going to suck. its like sticking ur face up a dinosaurs butt and wating for.... u know.....

Hahaha. First Vampire Rain was announced for PS3. Now Haze on 360. Sony revenge?

rocketpig said:
I finished this game. I can't even write a review for it right now, it was so bad. I need to let it fester in my brain for a day or two before being able to properly articulate how badly executed parts of the game were.

come on rocketpig its not that bad, the only bad parts were the driving sections

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
rocketpig said:

come on rocketpig its not that bad, the only bad parts were the driving sections

Or any time a character speaks.

Or the ending of the game.

Or the ease in which I progressed through the game.

Or the enemy AI. 

Or almost anything in the game that doesn't involve the exact moment you're shooting something, and those parts are simply mediocre. 

But you're right about the driving segments. Those were a special kind of awful. 

Around the Network
rocketpig said:
Skeeuk said:
rocketpig said:

Or any time a character speaks. well mantel trooper lingo is annoying but promis hand lingo is better, theres much worse acting out there doesnt make the game worse or anything

Or the ending of the game. havent finished it yet so cant say, but enjoying it at the moment.

Or the ease in which I progressed through the game. suppose it is on the easy side but for many hard mode should be ok.

Or the enemy AI. well AI id only say its ok, again theres much worse out there, they hide and shoot, duck for cover nothing amazing, but doesnt make the game worse

Or almost anything in the game that doesn't involve the exact moment you're shooting something, and those parts are simply mediocre. well after shooting segments what else are you supposed to do apart from getting to next segment.

But you're right about the driving segments. Those were a special kind of awful. yes driving segments are awfull lol

but on the whole the game isnt to bad, co-op is great and the death matches are great. id say no to a £40 purchase but regardless of its faults, its a good game that had potential which is now lost.

i reckon many will hate this game and many will love this game. imo its a good game that i will regulary boot up.

...not much time to post anymore, used to be awesome on here really good fond memories from VGchartz...

PSN: Skeeuk - XBL: SkeeUK - PC: Skeeuk

really miss the VGCHARTZ of 2008 - 2013...

Skeeuk said:
rocketpig said:
Skeeuk said:
rocketpig said:

Or any time a character speaks. well mantel trooper lingo is annoying but promis hand lingo is better, theres much worse acting out there doesnt make the game worse or anything

Or the ending of the game. havent finished it yet so cant say, but enjoying it at the moment.

Or the ease in which I progressed through the game. suppose it is on the easy side but for many hard mode should be ok.

Or the enemy AI. well AI id only say its ok, again theres much worse out there, they hide and shoot, duck for cover nothing amazing, but doesnt make the game worse

Or almost anything in the game that doesn't involve the exact moment you're shooting something, and those parts are simply mediocre. well after shooting segments what else are you supposed to do apart from getting to next segment.

But you're right about the driving segments. Those were a special kind of awful. yes driving segments are awfull lol

but on the whole the game isnt to bad, co-op is great and the death matches are great. id say no to a £40 purchase but regardless of its faults, its a good game that had potential which is now lost.

i reckon many will hate this game and many will love this game. imo its a good game that i will regulary boot up.

The sad thing is that the driving segments would have been fine if FR had simply put the throttle/brake on the R2/L2 triggers. That kind of sloppiness perfectly exemplifies the problems with the game. It's as if that was the one part they didn't want to rip from Halo and instead, turned the vechicle segments into a broken shitfest.

The main reason I'm so mad at the game is because FR had a great idea laying underneath all that crap. The idea of a reluctant soldier being manipulated by both sides vying for power is an interesting one and could make for a great shooter. FR screwed up so badly in every aspect of telling this story that by the end, I was hoping everybody would die.

rocketpig said:

The main reason I'm so mad at the game is because FR had a great idea laying underneath all that crap. The idea of a reluctant soldier being manipulated by both sides vying for power is an interesting one and could make for a great shooter. FR screwed up so badly in every aspect of telling this story that by the end, I was hoping everybody would die.

funny rocketpig another game i did not bother to finish recently dark sector left a similar impression on me.

the idea was good but it just failed to get it right.

shame about haze really i had high hopes for it initially.

but taking reviews and your hands on i will probably give this one a miss.

Well I can't wait to play Haze on 360 after reading Rocketpig's stellar epic thread...Thank you EBgames(in Aus) for your 7 day return policy :)

Playing: Borderlands(great co-op,HUGE amount of content),Too Human(better late than never lol),Saints Row 3(Penetrator ftw),Minecraft 360,Harry Potter Lego. 

Patiently waiting for:  Tomb Raider, Borderlands 2