By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you want future Final Fantasy games to be more "fantasy" or "techy"?

FF VI had oldschool tech like steam engines mixed with more advanced tech like airships.

Pacman taught people to run around in dark rooms munching on pills while listening to repettive techno music and for that I somewhat idolise him.

Around the Network

what are all tech Final Fantasy's?

''Hadouken!''

@Ajax

FF7, FF8....they were the ALL tech ones

FF10, FF12, FF6 were mixtures

FF1 - FF4. FF9. FF11 were Medievel

All hail the KING, Andrespetmonkey

"Fantasy" all the way :P
I don't mind a mix, but something like Chrono Cross is awesome, but FFIX imo is perfect.

the words above were backed by NUCLEAR WEAPONS!

Techy.

Add more guns.
Also make it multiplayer.
And make sure it's not turn based.
And make it first person.

http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a324/Arkives/Disccopy.jpg%5B/IMG%5D">

Around the Network
darthdevidem01 said:
@Ajax

FF7, FF8....they were the ALL tech ones

FF10, FF12, FF6 were mixtures

FF1 - FF4. FF9. FF11 were Medievel

why do you consider FFVII and FFVIII as ALL tech?

''Hadouken!''

Bodhesatva said:
Techy.

Add more guns.
Also make it multiplayer.
And make sure it's not turn based.
And make it first person.

So basically make it a wrpg like mass effect or KOTOR?

@Op I like when it's a mix such as FFVI or FFXII. I do like when they change it around though.  

if think using Fantasy versus Tech is wrong; you can put Medieval versus Tech, but fantasy is something else, cause science fiction is also fantasy, so techy can be just as fantasy..

''Hadouken!''

actually, science fiction is more fantasy than medieval, cause medieval times we have actually lived in and experienced in real life, where science fiction is still to come and real fantasy.. what makes FF fantasy are bahamut, and ifrit and summons, and crystals and the lifestream, and moogles and stuff like that, not how advanced the world is.. so it's Medieval versus Tech; cause the Fantasy can be everywhere.. :)

''Hadouken!''

Ajax said:
actually, science fiction is more fantasy than medieval, cause medieval times we have actually lived in and experienced in real life, where science fiction is still to come and real fantasy.. what makes FF fantasy are bahamut, and ifrit and summons, and crystals and the lifestream, and moogles and stuff like that, not how advanced the world is.. so it's Medieval versus Tech; cause the Fantasy can be everywhere.. :)

YOu forget that most of the things in the medieval final fantasies are explained with magic, while the futuristic ones are explained by technology. That is where people get the idea of more fantasy being in the medieval times.