By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Do you want future Final Fantasy games to be more "fantasy" or "techy"?

leave out FFVII to forego the inevitable shitstorm?

Anyway, I like techy simply because I've always been a scifi kind of guy, and I don't think that the tech and/or fantasy environment has too much to do with how good the story ends out.

Around the Network

To be perfectly honest? I want them to stay on the course they're on. I like a different genre with each installment ^^

8 was Techy
9 was Fantasy
10 was Techy
12 was Fantasy
13 is going to be Techy
then 14 should go back to the routes ^^

I like the mix of the two :P

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

I perfer the combination the old ones had. Mostly fanatasy with a little bit of high tech thrown in on dungeons that were from lost civilizations.

it can coexist; most FF's actually are a mix of tech, fantasy and medieval and modern stuff

''Hadouken!''

as long as their is enough green and enough nature and it's not in a world of only steel, I think it's ok.. besides, a more tech world is also a fantasy world (science fiction is of course fantasy too).. but I do like beaches and forests, and non-high-tech towns..

''Hadouken!''

Around the Network

Final Fantasy VII had a perfect mix; the tech in that world was in it's children shoes

''Hadouken!''

I prefer more fantasy but I don't mind some tech (like FFVI).

FFXII was almost entirely Fantasy, there's almost always guns in the Final Fantasy series :P They just can't beat swords though ;)

I think I might be blurring the line between your definitions, I don't really see the middle ground, it's pretty much Fantasy or Steam Punk to me :D

From 0 to KICKASS in .stupid seconds.

ChronotriggerJM said:
To be perfectly honest? I want them to stay on the course they're on. I like a different genre with each installment ^^

8 was Techy
9 was Fantasy
10 was Techy
12 was Fantasy
13 is going to be Techy
then 14 should go back to the routes ^^

I like the mix of the two :P
Actually, FFXII was a combination of the fantasy and techy

I hate techy type games , I prefer fantasy .