By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The "90' cutscene in MGs4" story is false

FJ-Warez said:
libellule said:

Gamepro Kills MGS4 90 Minute Cut-scene Rumor

some of the cut-scenes in the game are elaborate and occasionally lengthy

The question now (after the relief) is, how much??

" Trouble is, it's not entirely accurate. Will MSG4 have lengthy cutscenes, like the 45-minute one in MGS2? Yes, says GamePro's own Sid Shuman, but nowhere near 90 minutes."

They do give an indication.  If there are 45 minute cutscenes, that is still way too long.  Of course, that is discussed in another thread.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Around the Network

the guy doesnt even know how long they are...cant even remember them and we are supposed to just believe this guy who is probably drunk or on some sort of drugs. how else could you be so unsure.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

MrBubbles said:
the guy doesnt even know how long they are...cant even remember them and we are supposed to just believe this guy who is probably drunk or on some sort of drugs. how else could you be so unsure.

It would reinforce the idea that Gamepro recruits from gutters at 3AM in Detroit.

Thank god for the disable signatures option.

Torillian said:
That's easy, can you tell me the length of the last movie you watched BFJ, because I can't. It was probably around 2 hours long based off the common movie length, but I wasn't sitting there with a stopwatch. If the movie or whatever you are watching is enjoyable enough, you lose track of time, that's just the way it is.

The last movie I watched was Cloverfield, and the version I watched was about 90 minutes. I tend to keep pretty close track of my time, though, and I definitely prefer shorter movies to longer ones where possible. I remember this, and I didn't even watch it twice.

My point, though is that this guy is basically say, "they're not 90 minutes, I think" and people are all saying "oh thank God, they're not 90 minutes!" as if he's coming down and saying, "eh, don't worry, there was a 10 minute one in there but I got a soda and went to the bathroom during that, and the rest of them were only a couple of minutes."

Maybe if Kojima begs Rockstar, they could help him with story. Story was one of the things GTA 4 actually did quite well although I certainly wouldn't be interested in the story on its own.  Then again, MGS has never been even close to GTA in terms of success.

Words Of Wisdom said:
rocketpig said:
TheBigFatJ said:
To paraphrase him, "I played through it twice and I can't confirm that it doesn't have 90 minute cut scenes, but that sounds like an exaggeration. They're long, but I don't remember them being that long."

How can you play through twice and not know?

That is weird. How can you play through a game twice and not remember the cutscene length?

He probably fell asleep during the cutscenes.  ^_^

==> because u use a clock when u play a game to check his lenght ?

I m completely unable to say the lenght of FFVII/MGS1/2/3 cutscene despite having played these games !!

But this guy, if he has MGS4, may be able to load a saved game near a big cutscene and tell us how long it is, 

Time to Work !

Around the Network
MrBubbles said:
Should we believe the one stating it has 90-min-cutscenes then? CVG only said they had heard that. GamePro actually says their reviewer denies this. GamePro's source is closer to the site.

maybe the point of teh 90 minnutes deal was that all the various cutscenes totaled up to 90 minutes... hell 18 cutscenes that are 5 minutes long...

that's a bit excessive, but it's possible that their are 10 cutscenes that are 3 minutes long, but each of the 10 cutscenes has 3 different ways they can go depending on some sort of criteria in the game. so that would total up to 90' worth of cutscenes as well.

really hard to tell what people are actually talking about anymore.

Seppukuties is like LBP Lite, on crack. Play it already!

Currently wrapped up in: Half Life, Portal, and User Created Source Mods
Games I want: (Wii)Mario Kart, Okami, Bully, Conduit,  No More Heroes 2 (GC) Eternal Darkness, Killer7, (PS2) Ico, God of War1&2, Legacy of Kain: SR2&Defiance

My Prediction: Wii will be achieve 48% market share by the end of 2008, and will achieve 50% by the end of june of 09. Prediction Failed.

<- Click to see more of her

Zkuq, I will believe the one that sounds like they know what they are talking about over someone who sounds like they havent played the game.

i would have been prepared to believe that the game didnt have such long scenes...if the person was believable. But he doesnt even know how long they were and was guessing that they werent that long. 10, 20, 50 minutes all should all be fairly easy to determine arent 90. so if he isnt sure, that means they have to be at least close to 90. meaning they are still far too long.

"I like my steaks how i like my women.  Bloody and all over my face"

"Its like sex, but with a winner!"

MrBubbles Review Threads: Bill Gates, Jak II, Kingdom Hearts II, The Strangers, Sly 2, Crackdown, Zohan, Quarantine, Klungo Sssavesss Teh World, MS@E3'08, WATCHMEN(movie), Shadow of the Colossus, The Saboteur

Profcrab said:
FJ-Warez said:

The question now (after the relief) is, how much??

" Trouble is, it's not entirely accurate. Will MSG4 have lengthy cutscenes, like the 45-minute one in MGS2? Yes, says GamePro's own Sid Shuman, but nowhere near 90 minutes."

They do give an indication.  If there are 45 minute cutscenes, that is still way too long.  Of course, that is discussed in another thread.

Well, now the question is how many like that one???

By me:

Made with Blender + LuxRender
"Since you can´t understand ... there is no point to taking you seriously."
Torillian said:
That's easy, can you tell me the length of the last movie you watched BFJ, because I can't. It was probably around 2 hours long based off the common movie length, but I wasn't sitting there with a stopwatch. If the movie or whatever you are watching is enjoyable enough, you lose track of time, that's just the way it is.

I can. 2 hours and 3 minutes.